turbo manifold question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sorry but I have never heard of an alumium manifold. Ever thrown a beer can in a fire? Well it melts! The same thing would happen if exhaust right out of the head was going through aluminum. All tubular manifolds are steel. Stay away from ebay brands, and expect to pay $600+ for a quality piece such as full race or peakboost.

lol where have you been for the past decade or longer? goto specialty exhaust shops...you know what they use?? Aluminized piping. every single shop does. its very rare to see a shop bend stainless steel pipes..its not exactly possible to me. Also, all those manifolds (turbo) on ebay, such as the XS power kits...yes, those manifolds are infact, aluminum. I know from experience, ive cracked them many times in the past with cheap setups and when I went to get them re-welded, it took them quite a while to do the re-welds and had to use a TIG.

wow sounds like at my work man. all the guys I work with ask me if they can flex out their trucks on my civic. I was like how much you like your life? You crush my car I garuntee you won't walk ever again. But its cool most of them are joking. There is me and my buddy I got hired that are into hondas and the rest of them own lifted fords or jeeps.

wow sounds like at my work man. all the guys I work with ask me if they can flex out their trucks on my civic. I was like how much you like your life? You crush my car I garuntee you won't walk ever again. But its cool most of them are joking. There is me and my buddy I got hired that are into hondas and the rest of them own lifted fords or jeeps.

Ask them if you can flex your cock in their girlfriends mouth :D

Number one, cast iron is stronger than aluminum but it has its poor design. personally, I would run the cast iron just for reliability since your NOT building a 500 whp monster.

Second, vafc hacks suck. period. do larger injectors, say 440's for mild boost and a fuel pump, walbro 255 should due just fine. than go obd1 with a p28 or p72 and have it chipped with crome or hondata or neptune, whichever you want. crome is great for the price and i personally use crome pro.

Also, there is no such thing as a "boost dependent fpr". If you wanna go the cheap way out (not recommended), buy a 12:1 FMU and a missing link and run 8psi. run 2-degree colder plugs and retard the timing accordingly. Keep in mind, this is the CHEAP way out.

WOW!!! how did my thread about quality turbo mani's turn into a BITCHFEST??

and by boost dependent i mean the fmu that increases FP with every x amount of boost. and yea a missing link too. and i have heard the hacks are a PINA to tune and arent reliable. thanks for actually giving me input instead of talking about racing a truck!!

lol...no problem on the input... as for the x amount of fuel deal with the FMU...if it were a 12:1 FMU, you would be getting 12 parts fuel for every 1psi of boost

AHHH... wasnt aware they were all the same ratio..also think an inline walboro fuel pump would be just as sufficent as an in-tank unit?

AHHH... wasnt aware they were all the same ratio..also think an inline walboro fuel pump would be just as sufficent as an in-tank unit?

I wouldnt go with an external unit unless you were in need of more fuel (over the 255 in tank). You can pickup a 255 high pressure walbro for like 100 bucks shipped from ebay or a vendor on Honda-tech for i think it was last, $91 shipped.

JUST IN MY EF YOU GOTTA DROP THE DAMN TANK...WHICH IS A BISH!! last time in my dx we broke the damn fuel line tryin to strap the tank back up. hmmmm maybe ill save that for when i do the rear disc conversion and i gotta remove tank to get to the parking cables anyway..

i didnt know all that bro lol...never owned any EF's... good luck tho. I know EG/EK you can change the pump from under the rear seat.

lol where have you been for the past decade or longer? goto specialty exhaust shops...you know what they use?? Aluminized piping. every single shop does. its very rare to see a shop bend stainless steel pipes..its not exactly possible to me. Also, all those manifolds (turbo) on ebay, such as the XS power kits...yes, those manifolds are infact, aluminum. I know from experience, ive cracked them many times in the past with cheap setups and when I went to get them re-welded, it took them quite a while to do the re-welds and had to use a TIG.

Aluminized piping IS NOT aluminum. It is mild steel piping with an aluminum oxide coating sprayed on to protect it from corrosion. Nobody uses plain aluminum tubing to make manifolds.

Aluminized piping IS NOT aluminum. It is mild steel piping with an aluminum oxide coating sprayed on to protect it from corrosion. Nobody uses plain aluminum tubing to make manifolds.

#1, you said the heat would "melt" aluminum coming out of the exhaust side of the head. I said, EXHAUST shops use aluminized for exhaust piping. As for those cheap ebay manifolds they use a mild steel which is NOT thick enough to withstand the heat and pressure passing through it. Which causes it to crack and crack and crack and crack. These manifolds are aluminized to prevent rust. Ive owned a turbo-xs kit from ebay years ago, and it was as i just described. SHIT.

im stickin with my lovable ef's dude.. buying another one here pretty soon.. lol its the non canadian model with no a/c parts at all and only a drivers door side mirror. excellent swap canidate for a b18!

Back