turbo or supercharger

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Wilshire

Big WIll
i was thinkin bout gettin a turbo for by b series, but i was told it will NOT be smog legal, but if i supercharged it, the car would pass smog. is this true? what do you recomend?

I'm pretty sure that there are CARB exempt B series turbo kits- but probably none of it is legal if you're swapped into a Civic.

i got a vortech supercharger and is a piss to put on and drives soooooooooooo sweet for me no question no lag supercharge it goes very well with the vtec and no need to touch the ECU!!

Yes superchargers are very nice. It all depends on what you want I guess. Just do some research before making a decision on what you want.

Turbo = Higher power window, easier to upgrade, cheap parts, more tunability.
Supercharger = instant power (no lag).

For me its turbo all the way.

Jackson racing has a real nice kit, it also comes with different pulleys for more or less boost. Just try jackson racing.com and see what happens.

Oh yeah it runs about 2.5 and 3k for the kit. What ind of car is it going on, a friend of mine has a jr supercgarger for a gsr head for like 800.

im looking for one for my 97 del sol, but i still havent made up my mind yet. yes it is something i want but i could use the money for college touition tho, but for sure eventually ill get one.

I've seen CARB legal turbos from Edelbrock... exemption applies to the motor not the chassis. Any turbo setup should do .. but a Cali smog ref would hafta BAR it for you to be legal.

I thought the CARB exemption applied to the entire setup, not just the engine... but I don't know the CARB rules all that well.

logo.gif

California Air Resources Board

Home Page: California Air Resources Board

They write a bunch of the numb nuts laws that govern what we can and can't do with our cars... at least in California, but then those laws spread out through the country later.

Back