Turbo Rods??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

madvtec_2008

VTEC YO!
:confused::confused::confused:I have a b16...i am turboing it. i got and eagle crank low compression pistons, and i just got eagle h-beam connecting rods...the problem is that the connecting rods are designed for floating wrist pins. my low compression pistons are designed for pressed fit wrist pins...can i use my orriginal rods or would that be too risky for my operation???:confused::confused:

What is the Compression Ratio for the pistons????? My friend boosted his GSR on 13psi for maybe a couple months on completely stock internals and fuel management and only had the basic 3 dyno tune, even though he did not blow it up or anything, the only thing he did was toast his rings. My other friend boosted his JDM B16a on 7psi with completely stock internals but with RC 440 injectors plus I good tune and not to mention that he has been boosted for 1 year with no problems. So I would have to say that since your have low compression pistons and going to be boosting 15psi I would say that could be max and MAKE SURE that you get it tuned very well and professionally cause otherwise something bad could happen unexpectedly. Obviously the lower the compression ratio the higher boost can be run and vice versa. What is your horsepower goal cause 15psi on low c/r pistons with eagle crank will make some nice numbers but its also risky if ya don't do it right. TUNING is the 1 of the most important steps on building. Oh ya Im not 100% sure about everything but I researched a lot and asked a ton load of questions, ask Blanco yourself cause he helped me through a lot of posts.

Ya 15psi should be fine cause with that low of c/r pistons wont be pushing it to the max. Just get it well tuned!!!!!!!!

yeah i was gonna trailer it to get it dyno'ed before i run it..

Ya that would be the safest way. Good luck with your motor, hope everything goes well. After it gets all done i'm sure you will have one sick car!!!!

Back