Turbo Setup Questions, B16A1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yurik

this is a b16a1 in a 91 CRX hatch...

for a street car my dad had mentioned he thinks i should go with a SC instead of the TC, is this a good idea, or should i keep my TC parts and finish it up? like i said this is a street car, but it will see the track a few times, but mostly a daily driver.

do i need a smaller radiator for the turbo to clear or will it be fine?

i am getting a skunk2 intake mani with a 68mm skunk2 throttle body, skunk2 stg2 cams with valve springs and cam gears, AEM fuel rail, along with a walbro fuel pump and a fuel pressure reg, what am i looking at for injector size?

i may also skip the cams and just stick with the stock cams, but keep everything else, this way i can finish the turbo quicker, good idea or bad idea?

thanks for your help guys, i am getting piece by piece with each paycheck, hopefully get this project done by the end of winter, thats the plan anyway :ph34r:

i like the feel of them, how u just mash it, it spools, then takes off like a rocket ship, but a sc is a lot more basic, less fab work, def a lot faster to do, i would still love to do the turbo tho, if i can pick up a jackson for like 600-800 then i might just get that, otherwise ill be turboing it up as the original plan suggested lol

nvm about the injector size, another guy solved that problem for me!

btw, this is on a manual tranny b16, thats also y my dad thinks an sc is a better idea, with a manual u can lose boost pretty quick if you dont nail the gears super fast, i dunno, i love turbos, thats all i have to say lol

Turbo or Super Charger

Well I have used both and I agree with the other posts in the that a turbo has more potential for power. Yes a SC will increase the low RPM torque but we are talking honda's here, small displacent, poor torque. Pound for pound a turbo that is carefully matched will out perform a SC. But yes the turbo is harder to setup. But I do love how turbos spool up and I would rather have that then instant on SC but with usually 50 hp less.

Back