turboed crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

redef91

i got all my turbo shit and i wanna turbo my ls crx. i have done some research and zdyne sounds like very good ecu to run my turbo but alot of people says thats a waste of money and just chip my ecu with uberdata. i'm going to be running 9psi as my daliy driver. just need some feedback from u honda gods. i was going to get the gold secu form zdyne with 450 pintle inj.

Are you running an obd0 or obd1 ecu? If you're using obd0, I'd go with turboedit....if obd1, I'd use uberdata

Everyone else on here will tell you to run Crome, but you can't datalog with the free version of Crome, and you've gotta pay for Crome Pro. You can datalog for free with Uberdata.

Uberdata > Crome.

whats your setup?

OBD-0
Turboedit
dsm 450cc injectors or equal/higher
walboro 255 fuel pump

OBD-1
uberdata
dsm 450cc injectors or equal/higher
walboro 255 fuel pump

where are you located, are you going to try and tune this yourself or take it somewhere?

that is the downfall of crome free...no datalogging. but the interface is still KICK ASS. Uberdata is just....cluttered.

sorry i never gave obd its obd0 and i wanna tune it my self this guy i live named wang i dont know if u guys read modifed magzine has a speed shop and he will dyno tune it 150 hour im in mass.

Quoted post[/post]]
sorry i never gave obd its obd0 and i wanna tune it my self this guy i live named wang i dont know if u guys read modifed magzine has a speed shop and he will dyno tune it 150 hour im in mass.

If you are going to tune it your self, then TurboEdit can work. You'll need to chip your ecu, and purchase the a rom burner to get your program into the ecu. A laptop will come in real handy. This will still entail a lot of going back and forth between the burner and the ecu. If you want to tune live, you'll need to add an ostrich to the setup. If you don't want to mess with burning chips, and buying a burner, and an ostrich, then go for the ZDyne. They are down to under $600 now, and can tune live, no burning roms, no back and forth.

If you are going to have "wang" tune it, then you'll need to use whatever he tunes with. You'll need to ask him, he may be picky at $150 an hour...

Craig

I really liked the ZDyne system on my b16a 1991 Civic Si. It was easy to use, I never had a problem, no rechipping, it was all built in. It's a bit expensive on the front end, but SUPER easy.

I made 325hp/225tq out of my li'l 2300 pound car, and NEVER had an ECU/Engine problem with just upgraded rods and pistons. It was a BLAST, and daily driver reliable once I got all the little bugs worked out.

AMS Tuning FTW! Got my socketed P28 from him.

Wangs Auto is sketchy anyways. He owns a lot of...nail salons, and...Chinese restaurants....

Back