twin turbo ...... Caddy?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noone would ever use it, or put anything in the bed of the truck, never take it offroad, try to keep that pearl paint clean. All an Escalade is, is an Avalanche.

I saw that on Lingenfelter's site like 1 or 2 months ago, he makes some beast machines. For $124,000, i think i would buy a Viper with money left over to make it run 10s.

Originally posted by TypeRcivic@Aug 24 2003, 04:11 PM
I saw that on Lingenfelter's site like 1 or 2 months ago, he makes some beast machines. For $124,000, i think i would buy a Viper with money left over to make it run 10s.

Run 10s? WTF? Vipers run 11s & 12s stock. If I'm spending that kinda cash on a Viper at Lingenfelter, It better run goddamn 8s.

I've seen a Lingenfelter Twin Turbo Corvette Z06 run a 9.767 for Gods sake.

Back to the Escalade...

At $55,975, this monster LPE motor costs a few grand more than an entire Corvette Z06 and does not share any parts with the stock unit. The block is a heavy-duty aluminum unit that GM developed for its Le Mans-winning Corvettes in 2001. Tucked into the cylinders are 4.13-inch-wide pistons (stock is 4.0) with topside depressions that lower the compression ratio from 10.0:1 to 8.5:1. Stroke was increased from 3.62 inches to 4.0, and displacement was increased from 6.0 liters to 7.0. Two Garrett turbochargers increase intake-air pressure by 9.0 psi, and two 12-by-24-inch intercoolers chill the charge to further increase power.

What we liked best about the Slade was how effortlessly it put all 700 horses to the ground. With the four-wheel-drive system and automatic transmission, an Avon Lady could launch the thing perfectly. Apply a bit of brake torque, and the LPE Escalade honks to 60 mph in only four seconds, just about half the time a stocker needs. In 11.1 seconds it's at 100 mph, and in only 12.7 seconds it passes the quarter-mile at 106 mph (a Ferrari 360 Modena F1 reaches 60 in 4.6 seconds and the quarter in 13.1 seconds at 110 mph).

HOLY FUCK!!! I Want one! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

I never said that i would go to Lingenfelter for a Viper, i said i would buy a Viper for $90,000 that it costs new and with the money left over make it run 10s. And Lingenfelter doesnt do Vipers anyway, Hennessy does. And the fastest Lingenfelter Corvette ran an 8.8 street legal. And Vipers run 12.2 stock. And even if Lingenfelter DID do Vipers, i dont think they would cost less than $150,000, so stfu

Originally posted by TypeRcivic@Aug 24 2003, 07:54 PM
I never said that i would go to Lingenfelter for a Viper, i said i would buy a Viper for $90,000 that it costs new and with the money left over make it run 10s. And Lingenfelter doesnt do Vipers anyway, Hennessy does. And the fastest Lingenfelter Corvette ran an 8.8 street legal. And Vipers run 12.2 stock. And even if Lingenfelter DID do Vipers, i dont think they would cost less than $150,000, so stfu

Wow, such hostility. An SRT10 won't cost you more than $84,000 new. :eek:

So for that extra $44k you stated, you could make it run 7s. :worthy:

I think the Viper is more of a status symbol for old guys anyway. You don't see too many people actually using their engines.

Originally posted by sleepergtx@Aug 24 2003, 03:03 PM
I think the Viper is more of a status symbol for old guys anyway.

more like a mid-life crisis vehicle than a status symbol for old guys if you ask me

Imagine having an escalade that ran 12's.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

"I'll race you for your spinnerz y0!"

ya the 89 side step with the blown 454, corvet front clip, juice and youv'e got a one off truck that will run faster than the escalde truck

Big truck/SUV hybrids=teh gay
The only reason people buy SUV's is so they have an excuse to drive while eating and/or drinking and/or talking on the phone and/or yelling at the kids while they try and drive into me. Or to tow stuff. If you're 5'2", get the fuck out of a Tahoe, Ho!
Goddamn, I hate SUV's!

Originally posted by zombie@Aug 24 2003, 10:47 AM
Noone would ever use it, or put anything in the bed of the truck, never take it offroad, try to keep that pearl paint clean. All an Escalade is, is an Avalanche.

you're so fucking stupid. Its more then an avalanch. Caddy EXT = awd, 6.0, and better options. Avalanch is the poor mans wanna be ext with 2wd or 4wd, 5.3 motor and silverado options.

Originally posted by ShouLinPanther@Aug 25 2003, 05:03 AM
if i was going to buy a lingenfelter i would put money towards the 427tt vette

:worthy:

7 liters of twin turbocharged big block Corvette. :eek:

You're my kinda car guy. :D

Originally posted by TypeRcivic@Aug 24 2003, 02:54 PM

Hey just thought i would point this out, looking up Lingenfelter corvettes, and found this.

http://www.fast-autos.net/lingenfelter/lin...elterviper.html

if i had $110K to spend on a car...i would totally get that Lingenfelter Viper. 725hp and 740lb-ft of torque. 1/4 mile in 11 flat @ 134mph. that's just plain sick. i want one so i can be seen rolling down the street like :driver:

But the 427TT vette kills it. 0-60 in 1.97 seconds, 1/4 in 8.95 at 153. Fuck getting a ferrari or even the new bugatti, that shit is bad ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back