TYC projector lights for EG civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

truoss

What bulbs do these TYC headlights use? H1, H3???

Could someone who has used them also say if they're worth the extra cost?

i know that the projector bulb on the angel eyes is an h3 id guess if its the projector light you are changing it would be the same. as for the hi beam(again for the one piece angels) my hi is an h1 but yours might be a regular stock bulb

Most headlights have the bulb-type printed on the housing, don't they?

I'd think twice about the TYC projectors though (I'm assuming you don't already have them?). I put some on my Accord, and they look nice, and I'm happy with the beam pattern and light ouput, but as far as I know...there is no way to change the projector bulb. The bulb housing is split into two pieces, and there is a rubber cover that goes over the rear of the bulb. Half of the housing is inside this cover, with the bulb part, and the wiring comes out of that, goes through some holes in the rubber covering, and then attaches to the socket, which hangs outside of the rubber covering. Maybe I'm just completely retarded, and somebody who knows anything about wiring or light bulbs could figure out how to replace the bulb or put a different one it, but my guess is that TYC didn't really want anybody messing with the projector bulb when they designed the headlights.

But that's just how it is on the TYC projector for the fifth-gen Accord, perhaps the one for the Civic is different?

Of course you can change the bulbs.... you just need to figure out how to open the rear of the housing.

I'm pretty sure the TYC projectors use H1s for the low beams and 9005 for the highs (not sure on the highs). The bulb size should be molded into the housing somewhere. Call TYC if you can't figure it out. Hell, pull out your bulbs and take them to the auto shop and they can tell you what to buy.

I haven't bought the TYC lights yet. I'm not happy with my dual halo projector lights, so I am looking for an alternative. The TYC's look nice and everyone says they work well. I was just wondering which bulbs they use. I bought some h1 silterstars and installed them in these dual halos, but I'm still not happy. Why is the beam pattern so bad on these? I don't understand. I did get the black housing...maybe the crome housing would have been better.

Who makes your dual halos? Just because they're projectors doesn't mean they're good... quite a few of the projector headlights out there are just thrown together for looks. Very few have any real engineering behind the reflector design.

yeah my dual halos have an odd light pattern. but good once adjusted which take for ever that might b your prob with the ones you have now. some one else in a dif thread was talking about how if the light is adjusted to high it will make it look like they are not that bright(front inside)

Originally posted by 94accordex@Jan 2 2005, 02:38 PM
Most headlights have the bulb-type printed on the housing, don't they?

I'd think twice about the TYC projectors though (I'm assuming you don't already have them?). I put some on my Accord, and they look nice, and I'm happy with the beam pattern and light ouput, but as far as I know...there is no way to change the projector bulb. The bulb housing is split into two pieces, and there is a rubber cover that goes over the rear of the bulb. Half of the housing is inside this cover, with the bulb part, and the wiring comes out of that, goes through some holes in the rubber covering, and then attaches to the socket, which hangs outside of the rubber covering. Maybe I'm just completely retarded, and somebody who knows anything about wiring or light bulbs could figure out how to replace the bulb or put a different one it, but my guess is that TYC didn't really want anybody messing with the projector bulb when they designed the headlights.

But that's just how it is on the TYC projector for the fifth-gen Accord, perhaps the one for the Civic is different?
[post=440202]Quoted post[/post]​

There are two metal rods laying perpendicular to the bulb itself. You have to push one to one way, and the other the opposite was as the first. It should slide out after that.

That's atleast my perception for most aftermarket projector. I thought the same thing as you did, when I had my denji's, then got a little closer, and voila!

Back