Type-S vs Type R

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

used S2000 for around 20k theres got to be one. Here at the autoX I went to that thing absolutly :owned: its class which was stock, also look at a wrx

For everyday driving 1/4 mile times are important, because street driving is always stop-go... so his question was perfectly fine... and he never asked what they were built for or what matters to you guys...

if you ask me, there is no comparison.

the R owns every other teg or rsx ever made, including the rsx-type r in jdm land.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 17 2003, 12:06 AM
if you ask me, there is no comparison.

the R owns every other teg or rsx ever made, including the rsx-type r in jdm land.

I'm gonna have to agree with you on that one. I think the "og" R ruled. No other car can make you look cooler. I just about crash my car every time I see a real Type-R driving by.

:worthy: There was supposed to be a red R in here but I fucked it up. Just imagine there is a red R inbetween the little worthy guys. :worthy:

Originally posted by shuturmowth@Sep 17 2003, 04:29 AM
For everyday driving 1/4 mile times are important, because street driving is always stop-go... so his question was perfectly fine... and he never asked what they were built for or what matters to you guys...

in my opinion, 0-60 times are more important for street driving...who gets up past 50 driving on the street with speed limits?? :unsure:

Originally posted by sleepergtx@Sep 17 2003, 08:37 AM
in my opinion, 0-60 times are more important for street driving...who gets up past 50 driving on the street with speed limits?? :unsure:

Me!
I drive as fast as I want to. I haven't got a ticket in a while. I don't even use my speedometer.

If you race on the street then the times are important. I am talking about random races not "street racing." Also, people get on the freeway too, and I hate it when people get on the freeway at 40 mph when everybody is going 60-80 mph, I need the speed to get up to at least 60 to merge onto traffic, another reason why times are important.

Originally posted by sleepergtx+Sep 17 2003, 09:37 AM-->
shuturmowth
@Sep 17 2003, 04:29 AM

no it is not. How many times do you go 0-60 in 5.xxx seconds. Only when street racing. What you really use on a daily basis while city driving is going from 25-50 like if you have a turning car infront of you, or when you are passing a car on a 2 lane road, thats 45-80 times. Out of three cars, there could be 3 winners.

I think im gunna get a loan for a RSX, i was thinkin about S2000 but its less practical than an rsx, prolly more for insurance and the parts for it will rape me, if ive gotta pay a car payment i cant afford super upgrades, + K20A's respond very well to mods

Originally posted by asmallsol+Sep 18 2003, 02:28 AM-->
Originally posted by sleepergtx@Sep 17 2003, 09:37 AM
shuturmowth
@Sep 17 2003, 04:29 AM

no it is not. How many times do you go 0-60 in 5.xxx seconds. Only when street racing. What you really use on a daily basis while city driving is going from 25-50 like if you have a turning car infront of you, or when you are passing a car on a 2 lane road, thats 45-80 times. Out of three cars, there could be 3 winners.

That may be true smallsol, but I was talking about drag racing off a light...how many times do you actually get up to 90 mph or whatever your 1/4 speed elapses in? Hardly ever. When I raced people off lights I shut it down between 50 and 65 mph.

side note: racing should be done at the track. ;)

Make sure you get the typ-S though, even though the basic RSX has the same engine as the SI, it is still slower for some reason. I have raced 4 all with the same mods as I, and beat every one.

The type R is still faster, but its not going to leave you in the dust. Its a lighter car with an LSD, but the Type S is a great car I loved driving mine.

asmallsol, do you know the 25-50mph times of most cars? cause if you do then i will stop looking at 0-60 and 1/4 mile but if not then i will stick w/ my method of gauging speed.

Originally posted by shuturmowth@Sep 18 2003, 12:00 PM
asmallsol, do you know the 25-50mph times of most cars? cause if you do then i will stop looking at 0-60 and 1/4 mile but if not then i will stick w/ my method of gauging speed.

not off hand but read magazines, they tell you times for alot of cars from like 5-60 and speeds like that.

Back