1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK D13 civic

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by zeppelin101, Nov 16, 2008.

1. zeppelin101

zeppelin101 New Member

Currently I have the UK DX with the carb D13.

I'm looking at dropping a B16 in however I believe there may be issues I just want to get sorted out. I did find a thread on it however I would like further clarification.

So next year I'll be picking up a full swap, ECU, loom etc however I believe there are some issues with the current wiring in the car. Would someone be able to explain this further? I was under the assumption that if I pulled the loom and ECU from the donor car and ran those it would be plug and play...

Also fuelling; is it neccessary to drop the tank to run MPFI from a carb? I'm fairly sure the lines will need changing but that shouldn't be too much hassle.

I can pick up a full swap very cheap over here, much cheaper than my alternative option of an S13. Really want something to tie me over til I finish university and I'm getting annoyed with getting people in the car, putting my foot down and sod all happening lol

2. awptickes

awptickes unimpressed by you VIP

Well, we need to know more about your car. Year, chassis code, engine code, etc. Very few members are familiar with the euro-spec cars, so take a shot.

You'll need to replace the fuel pump, yes, and the ECU and probably the whole wiring harness.

3. zeppelin101

zeppelin101 New Member

It's a 1992 EG3, if I remember right the engine code is D13B2.

By whole harness do you mean the in-car electronics as well? Dash etc shouldn't be too much of a chore I expect...

I'm guessing that since the engine is partially taken over from the EF, for ease of use Honda would have messed the ECU wiring up a bit but I only assumed that the engine wiring would have been OBD0 and the in-car would have remained OBD1, as the LSi (D15) clocks work in the car. It didn't come with a tacho and I wanted one, so I swapped em over and it works a treat.

4. zeppelin101

zeppelin101 New Member

Any other thoughts? I've had one or two people say I'll need to swap the fuel lines as well but I can't really see why I would have to?

5. awptickes

awptickes unimpressed by you VIP

You would probably want to put new fuel lines in, the current ones are over 16 years old, and were not designed for high pressure of a Fuel Injection system.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted