up and down in the idle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

97hondacivicex

i know people say its the tps sensor but it was workign fin untill i put on a blox 72mm throttle body on a 97 honda civic ex.. what could cause that.. i put the old one on and it works just fine... then i put the blox on and it is messed up again.. what might be causing it.. there is no vacume leak i sprayed starting fluid and it didnt make a difference so i dont know what it might be can anyone help

Ive seen the fast idle valve on 1st gen crx's and 4th gen accords cause this. To fix it you have to take the brass plate with two screws off and use a big screw driver to turn the black valve inside clockwise slowly until it stops..

Apparently vibrations cause it to back out over time and the wax valve in there doesnt stay where it should when the car warms up and bounces up and down. Its worth a try. I dont know if it can be done on your 97 though.

could also be the idle screw needs to be adjusted after the car warms up....

the throttle body has no idle screws on it.. it is a blox 72mm throttle body and we have tried everything... but what do you think of putting a y8 head on a y5 block.. that is our next move with the stock throttle body on there.. we have the vtec-e engine in there now but were thry the head thing and see how that work.. can any body give me input on that ...... is it worth it

Back