Updated pic - ULT1GREX transformation

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

E-Man

No idea what I'm saying
Updated pic - ULT1GCRX transformation

As some of you are aware, I acquired a vehicle this summer that was quite a unique build. The previous owner took a 1985 CRX which had a B16A swap and added a turbo. FMIC and constructed a custon a/c system. Additional expenditures to beef up the suspension were made to "outperform a C5 corvette Z06" to quote the previous owner. The turbo is moderately set at 10lbs as the B16 has stock internals with the exception of a GSR cam. It dynoed at 263hp.

First order was to make the care a bit less noticable and remove the numerous stickers, home made center caps, etc. The previous owned forgot to pin the hood down and severely damaged to metal ZC hood, broke the windshield and damaged the roof. I've started the transformation, cutting the ABS header panel and acquired a 1 piece FG from Hosmer which I'm still making some minor fitting adjustments prior to installing the Aerocatch latches and painting the hood. Paintless dent removal will be called on in the springtime to adress the roof.

As you may have read previously, the car has some mechanical issues as well which I'm slowly debugging. I've repaired the surging idle (hopefully permanently) and need to address the bogging upon acceleration. This is my first venture into FI and the car is on a OBD0 platform with a Zydyne Gold SECU. I'm assuming the bogging is related to the A/F on the tune. I'd like to keep my costs down and keep the Zydyne but in the long term may have to change over to OBD1.

As its winter in the East Coast, I'll continue the change over to the Red/Black theme and debadge the Ballade Sports and 1.6 liter advertising on the rear. Will be looking at the painted white "custom grills" and consider my options.

Here's a current pic of the CRX for your viewing enjoyment. More to come over time....

HoodchangeDec2007003.jpg

Last edited:
OH MY GODDDD i love that car!!! yumm!

so THAT is where eric's hood went!

you're in NY, so you can come up to airjockie's meet and we can drool over the car!

Would love to attend! This backyard mechanic is definitely in need of learning more from those far more knowledgeable than I. Eric was quite helpful in his thoughts on the diagnosis of the surging idle/bogging.

E

I'm here, I'll be at Claytons as long as SOMEONE PM'S ME BEFOREHAND...

Car looks good Elliot...maybe if you show up at one of the CT meets, I'll have mine ready and we can let everyone oogle them

it kills me that I just bought another 1g Si though....waiting to hear from Marcus on making another hood :)

We've already seen this car :)

Yes, bring it up, or better yet , maybe I'll come down :)
Have you talked to WilQ about the ECU issues with it ?

Also, we gotta PM about this car... I wanna see if I was right :)

Correct on all counts. I'm on RPR as well and hoping to acquire FI insight and perspective from those here more knowledgeable than I.

Not my style....... I prefer more of a sleeper look. Starting the JDM/EDM badge removal shortly

WilQ is a guy in ... I believe in Tennessee. Again, he's an RPR user.

Lots of people have made commentary on this CRX, but he really hit the nail on the head before. Don't be afraid to take the advice of people on RPR, they know this car intimately.

WilQ is a guy in ... I believe in Tennessee. Again, he's an RPR user.

Lots of people have made commentary on this CRX, but he really hit the nail on the head before. Don't be afraid to take the advice of people on RPR, they know this car intimately.

its me thats in tennessee.

i just stink. its WilQ thats the shit. i think he lives in pennsylvania.

scott

Last edited:
Back