upgrade my cooling system?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95EGCoupeVtec

SOHC VTEC at its best
well i still have the stock radiator, fan, and thermostat. would it be a good idea to upgrade? idk if it making it run hot or not but i dont have my downpipe hooked up and the exhaust and the wastegate dump just pumps out under the hood, and the past two days when i get out of the car i hear the overflow bubbling. well today on the way home from a friends house the temp jumped all the way to red. luckily, i was by my mother-in-law's house so i left the car over there. this time i didn't hear the overflow bubbling? i was gonna go with the go-autoworks radiator, slim fan, and 160* thermostat, along with flushing out the radiator and putting new fluid in. this will also free up room to run piping and a filter to the turbo. i'm hoping i didn't run it hot and warp the head. im getting the downpipe problem fixed this week so i wonder if the exhaust staying under the hood and the turbo sucking it in is the only reason why its making it heat up.

haha.....mine is doing the same damn thing!!!! down pipe is now hooked to the exhaust. and so is the waste gate dump tube. and it runs alot better now. i just put a dual core alum radiator in. it takes up less room than my oem prelude one. but i think i need to get a better fan. i have an e-gay slim fan. i dont think it has enough power to cool. but i am going through the same shit!!! but to answer your question. YES no wastegate dump tube= overheating and sucking in exhaust. so before i would do anything else you need to get the wastegate dump tube and the downpipe fixed.

rep if that helps please.

yeah but should i still go ahead and upgrade my fan and everything? and also, it'll prob be alot faster not sucking in the hot ass exhaust. bc its pretty fast now lol.

yeah i drove mine like three weeks before i got my wastegate dump tube installed. runs alot better now. i would go ahead and upgrade your cooling system. thats what i am doing now. just installed a alum. radiator. i got one for a civic so it wont take up as much room...lol. going to get a ram horn mani. soon i will need all the room i can get.lol.... just abbout everything else is built. next i am getting a better bov and a 3bar map sensor. after that ramhorn mani and another tune.i will be 450-500 or so whp!!!!! then new cluch and lsd. after that i will be done for a while.

yeah i gonna get the wastegate dump tube , radiator, fan, and thermostat from greg at go-autoworks. hopefully that will fix all of the overheating bs and get the beast back on the road!

Back