Upgrades for an H22a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Alright, so I'm in the process of buying an H22a engine/tranny and would like a list of general parts that will need to be upgraded to unleash the beast lol.

That's an incredibly vague question. You need to provide a lot more information about what you hope to accomplish before we can help you with anything.

Also, why are you even worried about upgrades right now? From what you've said here and what I read in your other thread, you haven't even gotten the motor yet or attempted to install it. Be patient and take things one at a time here...

ima have to agree on calming down....make sure you get the motor first, and once the engine gets to your place than you can dance around and get the fun stuff. Start out of normal stuff, i hace Denso Iridium spark plugs with an Accel ignition coil....not the nicest, but OE fit and runs nice as n e thing. Go for the racing header nd downpipe, underdrive pulley, cam gears, cams, vtec controller, nd shit like that, but there are people that might reply to this thread that have better info so good luck

Where did you see he has a Civic? This is the Accord forum right? The weight would be the same from the F to the H series. Both are 2.2 motors.

Oh my fault. I just assumed it was a civic. in that case I would say go for it. if you want some more power go for the cams, cam gears, underdrive pulley, arp head studs, new head gasket, turbo it with a smaller turbo for less lag, and have it tuned. Run about 8 psi. You will enjoy the results.

Small turbo on a high revving 2.2L is a bad idea....

if you want to boost it, keep the F series. N/A, go with the H22.

SOHC is also better for boosting, and the compression is safer to run the f22 bosted, just do the internals, and run it N/A setup. My buddy runs spray on a stock prelude h22, but if you do that dont run a huge amount obviously

Okay first of all I meant a small turbo relative to the motor. And second of all if you really want power at somepoint your gonna have to run forced induction. how hard is it to deck the head and buy a thicker head gasket and some low compression pistons. Throw a turbo setup on that tune it and I promise you. the compression won't be an issue.

But why spend another 3K or so on the motor swap when you can have the same power by just boosting the F series. Plenty of people have made ~300whp and run it daily. If you have a boner for the H22 then by all means do it. But you dont HAVE to is what Im saying :)

i agree with the turbo replies, go with the F series, is WILL be much cheaper, thats y ima start looking for 2 more accord cb7 shells haha, so ill have my H series in one, get an F20B DOHC VTEC version in the other and put my F22 in my other one (after i rebuild it and boost it) also if you are looking for speed the F22 tranny has wider gears i was told, so you can boost it easier and safer, and get more top speed with it, but by all means if you really want the Hseries boosted just make sure you dont blow it up or n e thing, plan everything out carefully about it

i agree with the turbo replies, go with the F series, is WILL be much cheaper, thats y ima start looking for 2 more accord cb7 shells haha, so ill have my H series in one, get an F20B DOHC VTEC version in the other and put my F22 in my other one (after i rebuild it and boost it) also if you are looking for speed the F22 tranny has wider gears i was told, so you can boost it easier and safer, and get more top speed with it, but by all means if you really want the Hseries boosted just make sure you dont blow it up or n e thing, plan everything out carefully about it

Christ dude, you're gonna have a fleet of CB7s...

I totally agree turbo & auto. We're saying the same thing if he insists on buying the h22 than go for it. But yeah I personally love the turbo'd f-series motors. They are great turbo setups. But like Z6crx said find yourself the h22 head, and ecu and do a head swap. Much cheaper. With the benefits of lower compression due to the f-series block.

Back