1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrading my 96 JP CRV (rebuilding it)

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by Jamaican Ravish, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Jamaican Ravish

Jamaican Ravish New Member

I have a 1996JP crv B20B engine Up to
    what year engine can use .Do I buy the transmission as well for the later vision engine? I want a entire make over of suspension and(long lasting bushing )(,radiator that strong and will keep the engine cool) Air Intake system
    I what to turbo it and change the four wheel to disc.I want to change the radio the steering wheel so i can have control from the steering.the side mirrors with lane dictator and indicator and foot opening truck.
    my pet project
    any pic and idea are most welcome

2. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Most any B-series engine 96 or later will swap in, but I would encourage you to stick with what you've got as it's already the highest torque of any B-series engine, and you need as much torque as possible to get your SUV moving. If you want to go turbo eventually, I would skip buying an air intake as you will need a different one after the turbo is installed. The disc swap shouldn't be terribly difficult, you'll just need to scavenge all the parts from a 4 wheel disc model.

3. Jamaican Ravish

4. Jamaican Ravish

Okay, Thanks I know there alot of adjustment to be since i want to Turbo it
    need turbo turbo manifold new exhaust muffler bigger fuel injectors bigger fuel pump fuel gauge intercooler intercooler piping and a Turner to tune computer if they can not then u will have to aftermarket computer that they can tune(stand alone computer)

taking out the seat and roof carpet check for rust etc
    i want to change headlight n grill
    cut the roof and put in sun roof
    like i said steering with can function with the radio ,would i need to cut the steering ?
    I wish i could see what other have done to there CRV 96 upwards

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted