USDM OBD1 H23 into a 96(OBD2) Prelude swap help!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hallyall

Ok, Ive been searching for hours and trying to piece together bits and pieces of similar but slightly different swaps with little help,mainly because of my unique situation, so I'm making a new post(also posted on honda-tech), hoping you guys can help me. I have a '96 OBD2 Prelude shell and want to swap in an H23 OBD1 engine I have as well. (I have the H23 P14 OBD1 ecu as well as the '96 prelude OBD2 ecu)From what I've read, I can just drop the engine in, use the OBD1 Harness from the H23, and add OBD2 injectors, dizzy and alternator. Or do I use the OBD2 harness with these OBD2 accessories and just run the OBD2 ECU? I'd prefer to use the OBD1 ECU converted to the OBD2 harness with the OBD2 parts added to the OBD1 engine....Basically I'm just wondering if anyone can let me know what will run the engine the best and be the least amount of work, given the items I have at hand. Thanks for the help!!!! :confused:

what model is the shell you have? you wouldn't by any chance still have the harness from the chassis layin around anywhere would you?

Back