v-tec engagement doubt need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gatto-is-alive

i have a doubt of my v-tec is engaging correctly so i tried to hook up a bulb to see if it is ok but no success the bulb wont come on at any time and at any rpm even when it hits the rev limit at 9k. so then i wired up a little push button to the v-tec solenoid and the bulb lights up when i pushed it. i even noted that when revving up to 7k and up and the button is pressed you can hear the loud vtec crossover , something that i have never heard my engine do before.

any ideas?
does anyone know what voltage suppose to flow to the solenoid?:(

i have no signal from the ecu running in the v-tec wire i double chaked everything but no success i noticed that my oxygen sensor is dead and broken but i dont see how can effect the vtec system

please help cos i'm going crazy about it:(

ECU is supposed to send 12volts to the solenoid. Are you throwing any CEL's because it sounds like you should with a broken O2 sensor and some codes will keep the ECU from activating VTEC.

if it is throwing a code (cel) the ecu goes into a limp mode and usually will only run systems absolutley nessesary to keep the car running.that doesnt include vtec

If you're revving the hell out of your engine while it's parked in the driveway... vtec won't engage unless the wheels are spinning.

Back