Valve Lash Spec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RickParker

Just want to double check the factory Valve Lash for the B18.

Intake: 0.003"-0.005"
Exhaust: 0.006"-0.008"

I just did mine today and I do 0.006 for intake and 0.007 for exhaust on my B16A But you did not state if it was a B18C or a B18A/B

If its a B18C....you specs for intake side are too tight. Not sure on the Non-VTEC B series heads. I think they are like mine but I could be wrong. I read a googled page that had the specs you refer to but it was for a B18A....not sure though. I know my B16A is the same specs as a B18C for sure.

its the B18B.. i googled mine too and found three diff specs.. The helms manuall had the one listed above,, chilton had the ones listed that you mentioned and clubintegra had a link for specs for 0.005IN, 0.009 EX. Ive never seen a spread like the last one so im elliminating that

B18B is like mine....I think. Let me look at my Helm (it has the B18B too)

My Helm says your spec's too. So you were right! At least I always trust my helm manual. and its was isentical to your numbers. It was a spec sheet with the listing for a B18B1 (USDM)

Thanks.. got the head put on and will set the valve lash tomorrow.. another question though.. how do i post pics??

Need to upload them to a photo share web site then get their URL (I think...its one of the possible links to copy) and paste it here. Try the URL one and preview it.

Intake is 0.15mm-0.17mm
Exhaust is 0.17mm-0.21mm (not sure on the high end of this one but stay around 0.18mm and you will be okay)

Back