VALVE tools?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gettocrx

Hey guys! I was wondering where I could get the valve lash socket tool tp do a valve lash on the b series vtec head (socket with that handle and hole for the screw driver)? Its kind of in there to use a open end and a flat head! Also the valve spring compressor (universal overhead) I have looks like it wont fit in there.which one do ya recomend?? Thanks!

Last edited:
i made my own.

took a 10mm deep socket and a 9/16" box end wrench (the size doesnt matter too much, just make sure its just barely too small to fit around the 10mm socket)

then i heated the wrench up red hot with a propane torch and pounded the socket into the wrench with a sledge hammer.

then i let it cool (used some water to help it along cause im impatient lol) and the metal contracts around the socket making it grab even more so it doesnt slip. (i tried doing it with a larger wrench and no heat but it slipped and didnt hold onto the socket well)

done.

i
made my own.

took a 10mm deep socket and a 9/16" box end wrench (the size doesnt matter too much, just make sure its just barely too small to fit around the 10mm socket)

then i heated the wrench up red hot with a propane torch and pounded the socket into the wrench with a sledge hammer.

then i let it cool (used some water to help it along cause im impatient lol) and the metal contracts around the socket making it grab even more so it doesnt slip. (i tried doing it with a larger wrench and no heat but it slipped and didnt hold onto the socket well)

Damn that's a good one.....

just buy one corwell i think they are about 50

then you can start charging your friends for valve adjustments and make your money back

Valve adjustment with a 10mm wrench and screwdriver FTW! It's a two handed job anyway, why spend money on fancy tools that only good for one thing, when normal tools do the job just fine?

Back