1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

valves? oversized

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by jits1980, Aug 9, 2007.

1. jits1980

jits1980 New Member

hey guys im building a ls/vtec w/ a 92 integra and a 95 gsr head. i need new valves and i was wondering what the effect would be if i got .5mm oversized valves? what would i have to get done? i am trying to keep it stock as possible. my buddy has these valves and i could get them cheap. let me know what i should do? should i get these or get the flat faced standard size?
  2. welfare

welfare Ancient Member

New York
    putting in the oversized valves requires the valve seats to be re-ground in order to fit them, unless it's the valve stem that is oversized (for what reason I wouldn't know) and then you would need the valve guide re-sized.
    either way it would cost some money to do it, and you would only really benefit from the re-size if you got the head ported and polished.
    Either way I would stick with the stock size for ease of installation and if you go with the flat faced valves you will get a little compression bump as well.
Draft saved Draft deleted