Verizon officially gets iphone

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I dont care about talking and browsing.......... I am getting one! Been waiting for a good phone to come out since nov. When i was due for an upgrade. Apple will get my 200 bucks............. If i dont like it i will just get something else.

What's going to be funny is the network there is going to suck too. Can't access data and voice simultaneously.

Actually the CDMA development group is working on Simultaneous Voice and EVDO (SVDO) that will allow voice and data at the same time on existing CMDA networks and chipsets. It's supposed to be available in the 2nd half of the year. I don't know why it isn't getting more publicity.

Last edited:
I've heard these rumors.

I was just referring to the fact a lot of users are sitting browsing using data and later on are like? I didn't get any calls? Just voicemail? Or do like jeffie7 said, and are on the phone and want to use data and wonder why it locks up.

I just have terrible service. Searching inside my house. It's old and has a magnetic field I can blame on from the old knob and tube that was just disconnected from 100 years ago.

Actually the CDMA development group is working on Simultaneous Voice and EVDO (SVDO) that will allow voice and data at the same time on existing CMDA networks and chipsets. It's supposed to be available in the 2nd half of the year. I don't know why it isn't getting more publicity.

Probably because 3G cdma type networks will be mostly phased out within the next 365 day period.

if you live in and never leave the city, i'd agree. But i do neither.

Yeah - the one time i left the city in the last year the service was equivalent to sprint pcs service i had in 2003. MetroPCS must only lease the oldest architecture in the most saturated ares... kinda like JetBlue... only phone service :)

To hell w/ apple im sticking to android

:ditto:

I have to agree. I have had access to both systems, and I like android a million times better. If android would come out with an mp3 player comparable to the ipod nano touch- I would be done with Apple alltogether.

Gah I've got two more months and my contract with AT&T will finally be done and I'm switching to verizon for a Droid of some sort. I really liked the Droid Incredible when I toyed around with one yesterday, but anyone that drops the Android system for Apple is mentally freakin retarded.

Its funny.. my woman kept going on how she wanted an iphone... well she finally got one and then says she likes my droid2 better..lol

after owning an iphone 3g, and a droid incredible, ill never go back to either. sticking to my env3 for now. $10 to add a line to my parents, and $10 for some bullshit 3g fee. still cheap.

There is no reason I can see to want an Iphone. There's nothing Android phones can't do that Iphones can but there are certianly things Android phones can do that Iphones can't , like Flash and the ability to video conference over 4g and download apps that are large over 3g and not make you use wi fi and the ability to download apps not " Approved" by Android market

fuck itunes. that program causes more pain and suffering than it could ever be worth

+rep.
i fucking hate that program.
only deal with it because i cant find something better to replace the ipod with yet.
wish there was a droid mp3 player.

Back