Video of my ITR EH2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chet

Thought you guys would enjoy this...its a video of my car taken today.

I have a Type R motor w/ JDM R transmission (98+) in a 92 EG hatchback.

(its important to note, my tach is the most inaccurate tachometer of all time and when it looks like i'm shifting at 6500, i'm really shifting at 7800. i have a JDM GSR ecu with 8k redline and the car is NOT tuned yet. it will be tuned with hondata/310 CC injectors in the next two weeks by frank at south florida performance)

Complete Specs on Car.

ICEMAN CAI
P30 Intake Manifold/TB
Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket
Brand New 2001 ITR Head (milled 20k)
OEM Head Gasket
OEM Head Bolts
Brand New ITR shortblock
Comptech 4-2-1 TIG Welded ITR Header
JDM R 98+ Transmission
Testpipe
APEXI World Sport Exhaust
Untuned JDM GSR ECU
2500 Miles on Motor

Right Click, Save As
https://hondaswap.com/vids/chet_itr_civic.wmv

Here are a few pictures...for those who were wondering.
s3ec420a45091e.jpg

w/ a good launch its about a 13.8 second car...maybe slightly better if i could drive it.

like mid-high 13's at 100-102.

with tuning it will be low 13's...

(and if its not showing picture, you need to get the newest version of windows media player)

i was shifting at 7800.

my tach is way off.

Cool. Towels are not hats? :lol: Who is that a stab at?

I need to get a video camera and get some footage of my car. :thumbsup:

Damn man, you have a damn good power band really.

Your tach is definitely off, after much review I noticed because once you shifted, it wouldn't budge and the speed would jump upto 10mph or so and it would start to move up in like 1 seconds later. Howd you know what to switch at then? I didn't see an aftermarket tach. And it only said you were h itting around 6400 each time but that might have been my bad eyes.

i shift by the sound of the motor....and yes the tach is fucked up...

i'm not sure why exactly...although i should have replaced the tach in my old cluster with this one before selling it...

although...it really doesn't matter either way as i don't look at the tach while racing.

and as far as midrange...if you think i have a good powerband now...wait until the car is tuned to utilize the p30 intake manifold and 11:1 compression.

right now its designed for 10:1 compression and secondary butterflies w/ 4400 vtec.

tried to view it but couldn't for some odd reason???'

i just wet myself....that was bad ass chet !

what is the name of the song playing in the background ?

Back