Vtec & Boost

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I mean if you'd like when i get my car back here in the next week from the paint shop ill film my boost gauge for you if you really dont believe me, but i'd rather be making power without always having to fill up a bottle, let alone pay for a kit and just to use a 20 shot.

95b16coupe: Yeah i was talkin about doing that, my power isnt really made from Vtec, actually im pretty sure it was disconnected during my tune.. which i only later found out because when i redid my harness weeks later i saw the wire was cut.. but that a different story, so i wouldnt be really loosing power.

Ill ask my tuner and see what he says.

I wouldnt take my car back to that guy, Hes cutting shit and isnt telling you.....Plus Tuning without the V-tec is a lazy and shitty tune unless you have a crazy setup making 600+WHP.

I wouldnt take my car back to that guy, Hes cutting shit and isnt telling you.....Plus Tuning without the V-tec is a lazy and shitty tune unless you have a crazy setup making 600+WHP.

Yeah thats what i was thinking, problem is.. he's the only damn tuner i know that can tune on Neptune.

Lets see if I can put this in the right words....

Loweing VTEC might not work like your thinkin it will. Yes, the larger cam profile allows for more air flow, but you need high enough compression to actually generate that air flow. Make sense?

+1 for strapin it to a dyno and settin your crossover the right way.

I know what your talkin about but i would agree with the first reply. get it on the dyno and test and tune it. on my b series i have a t3/t4 turbonetics and my boost peaks before vtec engages, yet when i hit vtec at 5,800rpm i loose traction, your turbo will still create boost before you engage vtec unless you were to make it extremely low, vtec shouldnt be engaged anywhere under 4500rpms in my experience and opinion, you should go for a little diddle right in the middle 5500, just like it was said before too much either way can take away from the purpose of boosting a vtec motor. just try it out you'll find out what works best

Yeah definatly dont lower the V-tec. V-tec should be engaged at about 4,000 4,500 rpm's. If you need help getting traction do a control arm and A-arm kit. frog it out a little bit. And do the coilover control unit with the remote control.

Back