vtec engage how to know

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

geez, ok vtec will only engage if its warmed up enough,if you have enough oil pressure, if the solenoid is good and pressure switch and if the ecu is good, you can hook it to a switch but that's still not true vtec because all that does is lock the cam it does nothing to the fuel maps like real vtec does.and also real vtec will only work after your going 20mph if you have a single cam sometimes you wont even hear it change over but on a dohc vtec motor you should be able to hear it change over depending on if its stock or tuned

This is all you need to know! Very simple but to the point! Remember this( K.I.S.S.) aka (keep it simple stupid)

No offense of course not directed at you personally. Just start simple and work you way up. Don't tear the head down then find out it's a bad soleniod or cloged oil journels.

is there a way to know that vtec has engage (when car running) and how to test that your vtec is working

bump for more answer

If you're not getting an error code then it's most likely working. I don't really know what kind of answer you're looking for here. VTEC isn't supposed to jerk your car around and toss you out of your seat when it engages. If everything is working properly it should be a fairly smooth transition. If you really must know, then hook up an LED to the VTEC solenoid and see if it activates when you're driving...

If you're not getting an error code then it's most likely working. I don't really know what kind of answer you're looking for here. VTEC isn't supposed to jerk your car around and toss you out of your seat when it engages. If everything is working properly it should be a fairly smooth transition. If you really must know, then hook up an LED to the VTEC solenoid and see if it activates when you're driving...

all you need to know

Back