Vtec engagement

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jmunk

I just put a GSR swap into my EG hatch. I only have one CEL and that is for the Knock sensor. I can't hear a change in the tone of the intake at 4400 rpm when teh VTEC is supose to engage. Maybe because of the dual runner IM it can't be heard that much ? I was wondering if the VTEC wasn't kicking in or if ther was something preventing it from kicking would it throw a CEL ? Anything i can go to see if it's really engaging ? If i drove the car cold and got on it, than after it was warmed up would i notice a big difference with the engagement of the VTEC ?

yeah v tec enganges only when the car is warmed up, and you should hear it and feel it. it owuld be alot quiter with a stock intake, an aftermarket (especially a short ram) it will make a nice mean growl!! :)

im not sure, but i think that the knock sensor might stop v tec from engaging. hopefully one of these other peeps can help ya out on that one.
but you should definetly feel it. did you check to see if the IAB is working too on the intake mani??

I'm also having a problem with the IAB's, they go up when i start the car but don't go down at 6k.

Originally posted by Jmunk@Feb 21 2005, 05:59 PM
I just put a GSR swap into my EG hatch. I only have one CEL and that is for the Knock sensor. I can't hear a change in the tone of the intake at 4400 rpm when teh VTEC is supose to engage. Maybe because of the dual runner IM it can't be heard that much ? I was wondering if the VTEC wasn't kicking in or if ther was something preventing it from kicking would it throw a CEL ? Anything i can go to see if it's really engaging ? If i drove the car cold and got on it, than after it was warmed up would i notice a big difference with the engagement of the VTEC ?
[post=464144]Quoted post[/post]​

damn im having the same problem! I have a LS/vtec and i see a wire loose near my knocksensor. As soon as i hook it up ill let you know...that is unless someone gives you the answer before me.

ohh and you can hear it. I cant FEEL it but thats prolly my car. :D

i had same prob in my 93 dx. how hi can you rev? if its like 7k then you wired it wrong. and when i first ahd vtec wired right i didnt hear it come in at 4400 i heard it 5400 when the iab opened. when i "fixed" my exhaust i could hear it at 4400. but def check your wiring

an aftermarket (especially a short ram) it will make a nice mean growl!!
yeah a good one

I'm also having a problem with the IAB's, they go up when i start the car but don't go down at 6k.

what?

Back