1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vtec help

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by akronboy89, May 23, 2010.

1. akronboy89

akronboy89 New Member

i have a 89 civic that has a b18a2 in it and vtec will not kick in. i have the vtec solenoid hooked up but i dont know if i have the pressure switch hooked up it not hooked up right now can someone tell me if i have to have it. it has a chipped p28 in it it has cels but i dont know how to check them with rywire harness i got. someone help....

2. 34diesel34

34diesel34 Import Tuner

The rywire vtec harness is a direct plug in. If you have the solenoid, and pressure switch connected and a vtec ecu then it should be working and kicking in at 4500rpm.

3. akronboy89

akronboy89 New Member

the pressure switch is not hooked up my buddy said that i dont need it.

4. FLounder

FLounder power hungry VIP

ill bet its looking for the pressure sensor.... on stock maps you must have it for vtec to engage, and just because its chipped doesnt necessarily mean the ecu is omitting sensors. i mean hell i run my car with no o2, iacv, or vtec pressure sensor but i chose to delete them. with programs like neptune, hondata, and i think even on chrome you can get rid of whatever you dont need.

5. akronboy89

akronboy89 New Member

everything is sooked up but the knock but the chip has that deleted. i cant find out what pin on the ecu is for both of the vtec wires

6. 34diesel34

34diesel34 Import Tuner

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted