vtec help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

akronboy89

i have a 89 civic that has a b18a2 in it and vtec will not kick in. i have the vtec solenoid hooked up but i dont know if i have the pressure switch hooked up it not hooked up right now can someone tell me if i have to have it. it has a chipped p28 in it it has cels but i dont know how to check them with rywire harness i got. someone help....

The rywire vtec harness is a direct plug in. If you have the solenoid, and pressure switch connected and a vtec ecu then it should be working and kicking in at 4500rpm.

ill bet its looking for the pressure sensor.... on stock maps you must have it for vtec to engage, and just because its chipped doesnt necessarily mean the ecu is omitting sensors. i mean hell i run my car with no o2, iacv, or vtec pressure sensor but i chose to delete them. with programs like neptune, hondata, and i think even on chrome you can get rid of whatever you dont need.

everything is sooked up but the knock but the chip has that deleted. i cant find out what pin on the ecu is for both of the vtec wires

Back