Vtec wiring help plz!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Rdog

Hey guys,
So I got my moter back into my car after doing a rebuild, but I can't get Vtec to work.

The guys that did the b16 swap into the integra did an awful job with the wiring so its been a pain trying to figure it out.

Here are some pictures that will hopefully help clear things up. 3 pictures show the 4 different wires that are hanging loose in my engine bay. the other picture shows the plugins to the vtec controller (correct me if I'm wrong please)

does anyone know which wires from the ecm go to the VTec controler?

Attachments

• IMG_1464.jpg
    IMG_1464.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_1468.jpg
    IMG_1468.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_1466.jpg
    IMG_1466.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_1463.jpg
    IMG_1463.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 213
I never do the "Connect the red wire, to the thigh bone" route. Not criticizing it or those that may work that way. It's just not how I was trained.

Get the schematics for whatever donor vehicle the engine came from, and the target car you are working on and git R done.

Get an ohm meter and some alligator clip leads, straight pins or small paper clips so you can ring out the wiring from the ECU plugs to connectors under the hood.

Clip%20Leads%202.jpg

If you make wrong connections you could make a real mess as in fried wires and/or electrical components - such as the ECU.

Back