VTEC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tylonalsnifnfool

can somone please xplain VTEC to me? i have been into honda's for a while and never even though about how it works or anything. about all i know is that it makes your car go fst. since i'm swaping a d16z6 into my CRX i decided that i should probaly figure this VTEC thing out.

P.S. whoever puts the "fucktard" smiley up first gets 100 points cuz i see it cuming now

Just use the search button, its been discussed numerous times somewhere around here.

But 1 question...

Why are you swapping a D16??

Go with the B16 y0.. they are cheap.

edit// :ufucktard:

<-- scores 100 points!! :p

If you know what a camshaft looks like and the lobes on a camshaft then its a simple idea. You have two rockers wich have their own lobes that they follow on the cam, opening and closing valves in the engine. Between these two rockers is another rocker which is not used at low rpms. At whatever rpm your vtec engages, a pin is put between the two rockers connecting them to the middle rocker. This locks the whole rocker assembly together and the middle rocker follows the lobe of the camshaft controlling how the valves open and close. this is just a simple quick explanation. I'm sure I missed or skipped some things but that is the general idea.

Back