Vx To Z6 Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ahedau

I just finished my low budget swap and I have two problems:

1) I have an extra 6-pin connecter from my VX ECM wiring harness that the Z6 engine harness doesn't use. I figured out that 2 of the wires are for the VX's EGR valve. Anyone got a clue? Should I care?

2) The engine lopes at idle from about 1800-2500 RPM. Someone said it's the ICV leaking. I do not have a vacuum leak and I didn't mess with the IM when I did the swap. Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks!

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 27 2003, 04:55 PM
p28 looks for the egr as well.. hook it up

:blink: Why would it look for it,when the cars it comes in don't use it?

that was the purge sensor or something like that

I had close to the same problem in an EX civic. It turned out to be the MAP sensor right on top of the Intake manifold.

Originally posted by Car_Tunz@May 28 2003, 06:30 PM
I had close to the same problem in an EX civic. It turned out to be the MAP sensor right on top of the Intake manifold.

Same here,my MAP had "come unplugged" (ok I forgot it,fuck off) so for a couple days it idled high and was sluggish in the first few hundred RPMs.I also have the EGR plugs (both of them) just hangin' out in the bay,it idles perfect.

MAP sensor was the first thing I thought of. I took the old one off my VX (same part#) and that didn't fix it. I'm pretty sure the IAC is malfunctioning. The IAC is not a direct swap between the motors so I'm looking for one now to rule that out.

Thanks for all the suggestions and to 92b16vx. That link was perfect!!

Back