Want to Restore a stang

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Iron 1@Jan 13 2004, 03:29 AM
lets see any motor top this
rotary at 9k for over 7 minutes
Does that end this discussion???

that was fuckin badass

i wish the guy had the damn radiator cap on ... i would love to see how long it would have ran if it had coolant in it

:lmao:

buy my mustang. dont' need to restore it, just make it faster.

I've got a '66 Mustang coupe right now and it's been a biatch to restore if you don't have anyone to help. One of the main things you should worry about is rust. Rust is the enemy, and if you plan to buy one, try to buy one with as little rust as possible. Also, I've been having trouble with anything electrical on it (lights, spark, any wires with power running through them). I guess that's an issue with all older cars.

Originally posted by CRXRookie@Jan 13 2004, 11:22 AM
I've got a '66 Mustang coupe right now and it's been a biatch to restore if you don't have anyone to help. One of the main things you should worry about is rust. Rust is the enemy, and if you plan to buy one, try to buy one with as little rust as possible. Also, I've been having trouble with anything electrical on it (lights, spark, any wires with power running through them). I guess that's an issue with all older cars.

what did u pay in what condition

It wasn't running at the time that I bought it, but it just needed some carburetor work. For $1800, I thought it was a pretty good deal. It does still have some rust along the sides, and the interior needs restoring, (needs new carpet and seats).

Back