waste gate

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jasontyrone

OK it looks like to me that the waste gate on my turbo has a flange on it. Does this mean that the waste gate needs some sort of piping that needs to find its way into the exhaust system or does it not need any piping on the waste gate?

you will need to weld it into the exhaust or re-route it with a 12 to 14 inch pipe leading along the exhaust ( not into the actual downpipe) and straight to the ground.

Just route it back into the downpipe. Unless you want all the extra noise and exhaust gases in your engine bay.

OK it looks like to me that the waste gate on my turbo has a flange on it. Does this mean that the waste gate needs some sort of piping that needs to find its way into the exhaust system or does it not need any piping on the waste gate?
Wait i just realized you're talking about a flange on the turbo itself. Are you using an external wastegate? Are you talking about a vacuum line?

i'm pretty sure he's talking about the dump flange. it's either 32 or 34mm across... but yeah, if you know a guy that welds stainless steel, go ahead and weld it into the downpipe. if not, it will be easier just to re-route it next to the downpipe. the noise isn't that bad... it's actually non existant.

i'm pretty sure he's talking about the dump flange. it's either 32 or 34mm across... but yeah, if you know a guy that welds stainless steel, go ahead and weld it into the downpipe. if not, it will be easier just to re-route it next to the downpipe. the noise isn't that bad... it's actually non existant.

plus when you route it into the dp u actually lose a little bit of hp, as did my friends srt4, which is why he switched it back into 2 seperate systems

Back