water damage

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

black94teggy

i crashed my 94 LS about 2 months ago and didnt want to go thru the hassle of rebuilding it, the motor in the car is perfect and runs like a dream. i just bought a 94 GSR that was ran thru water and didnt have a bypass vaulve on the intake. so he sucked the water up in the motor. wut i would like to do and by talking to the shop that i go to they told me the best bet would be to make the GSR, LS-Vtec. the head on the GSR is still good, just needs new distributer and plugs and wires. so wut i want to do is take it to them and have them put the GSR head on the LS block. now by doing this i am going to us the GSR body, so it already has the V-tec wiring harness and ECU and put the motor in that, the only thing they said that i would really need other then wut i already have is THE GOLDEN EAGLE KIT, the V-tec conversion kit. so my question is, is it worth it. all comments are appreciaited. thankx

If the extra power to you is worth the time effort and money put in, then yes, it is worth it! Make sure that the harness and p72 (GSR) ecu don't have water damage as well.

nah they dont have water damage, its just that the cylinders are locked, and its worth it to me only b/c im a honda guy and i miss having my integra and from the insurance money and the money iv saved for the work that was going to be done on the other integra i have more then enought, the shop that i take my cars to is Epic Tuning, its here in PA, they do amazing work and there doing the swap for $800.

That seems like a sweet deal for a swap if its done right with no worries. LS/Vtec is a great way to get simmilar performance of a strait up gsr motor. Again, if its done right (there is loads of info on here on this), it is definately worth it! Good luck!

hey bro thankx for ur info. but yea i think it is worth it and it will be done right, i have seen alot of sick cars come out of there shop including my buddys 92 hatchback, they put a JDM B18C5 ITR motor in it for him, they did the swap, chip, intake, exhaust and cams with cam gears and hes running 12.5 to 12.2 in the quarter on race gas and slicks. so they do good work, check them out at Epictuning.com. they got an 11 second 91 hatch that they built as there shop car its the black one. but again bro thankx much on this issue.

Back