Weight difference between glass windows and lexan

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dpresidents

I'm build a 90 CRX for scca and some drag.
But I'm curious as to how much weight would I save on replacing my back side windows, and my rear hatch glass with lexan pieces.

Has anyone used lexan before?
What's the weight difference?
Is it hard to cut and work with?

About .0002 seconds into my google search for you I found this. Enjoy sir.

Lexan Racing Glass Windshields ( Luxan Lexin )

Weight savings - Using LEXAN® carries a substantial weight savings over the use of ordinary glass. For example, a 1/4" thick square foot of LEXAN® weighs 1.56 lbs. in comparison to 3.2 lbs. of glass. Another consideration is that further weight savings can be obtained because a lesser thickness of LEXAN® may be used. (An 1/8" window may be used replacing a 3/16" thick glass application).

What are you the google search police?!?!? That's why I hate forums, you get a bunch of tough guys on their computer. But If you were standing in front of me, I can gaurantee you wouldn't say anything.

But back the original reason. I posted this question because you can read all this stuff on websites, but I want to hear from people you used it.

47316.jpg

Last edited:
If people hate forums why do they subscribe plus in forums u get ur answers faster than searching them online so that means more time to fix ur car nd less time researching alltho reaserching is sometimes good but hey thats just wat i think

What are you the google search police?!?!? That's why I hate forums, you get a bunch of tough guys on their computer. But If you were standing in front of me, I can gaurantee you wouldn't say anything.

Bro totally listens to Limp Bizkit

Back