Weight

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

haccord141

Whats up guys, I have been on a diet for just a little over o month and i lost about 20 lbs. but lately i have been off of it, and i am gaining the weight back, does anyone know a good way to lose weight?

Peace

change what you eat in moderation it took me almost 1.5-2 yrs to loose 45lbs (I peaked at 192Lbs keep in mind I'm only like 5'6") but the good news is .5 years later I haven't gained any of it back.

If you go to subway order a 6" instead of a 12" sub, simple shit like that.
also eating many smaller meals thru out the day vs. eating 3 large meals will help boost your metabolism.

and the best thing to do is work out, run, bike, just get off your ass and do something.

Keep a diary of everything that you eat and drink. Stay away from all sodas, even diet ones. I would even stay away from fruit juice. Instead of orange juice, eat an orange. Drink lots of water instead. Before you eat, drink a full glass of water. Eat slowly too. You brain doesn't get the message that you are full for something like 5 minutes after you actually are. Don't eat late. Try to eat dinner at 7pm. I stock my fridge with boring food. Don't go out of you way to plan wonderful meals. Think about other things instead, like future mods on your car. lol.

Oh yeah and walk more. Park farther away.

all good advice.

I don't have a problem with weight...I could eat a cow and lose 5 lbs from all the work I had to do to digest it...bah..

Anyway, my mom decided she wanted to lose some weight too. So now she's eating in moderation, walking a mile EVERYDAY (before work which she has to be there at 7:30 am), she always takes a crapload of vitamins, has a glass of milk in the morning, and then she went and bought a treadmill which she walks on when it's cold/raining (or on saturday mornings when I'm sleeping in my room...which happens to be right below the treadmill...).

She's on the move alot & if he isn't, she's asleep. :lol: So far she's lost prolly around 30-40 lbs and doing great.

Above all, losing the weight you want is about determination.

Originally posted by sleepergtx@Sep 20 2003, 01:40 PM
has a glass of milk in the morning

I forgot, stay away from CHEESE! Actually all dairy is suspect. Got for 2% if you have to. Cheese and dairy sticks to your digestive tract and slows the process. Sadly I love cheese, but not eating it does make a difference. You can get your calcium in much better ways, such as eating dark green leafy vegetables.

Grazing, eating many small meals also helps me. Keeps the stomach from being stretched out...

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Sep 20 2003, 02:30 PM
exercise. dont eat mcdonalds.

There was just something on tv about the negative effects of supersized fast food meals. :(

yea, a couple of people already tried to sue the mcdonalds corp. on the basis that their food is fattening, and unhealthy.
<---- consuming a big mac at the moment
Fast food sucks in terms of nutrition, but they're salads are good :p

i'm a fat guy... i was sitting here reading through everything you're telling him NOT to eat, and i wanted to cry, NO CHEESE? you people are ruthless!

Originally posted by BlackJDMdeath@Sep 20 2003, 03:03 PM
NO CHEESE? you people are ruthless!

It's all about a moderate lifestyle. I LOVE cheese too. A few slices of pizza a week are okay, but maybe don't order a whole large pizza twice a week for youself. Order a hamburger instead of a cheeseburger. The same goes for sandwiches. Most order cheese on it automatically.

And definitely be wary of Nutrasweet and the fake sugars. I just heard that it's been linked to M-S. Also all colas leach the calcium from your bones.

ok i gain about a pound a week right now eating six meals a day

oh ya and i work out for 1hr-1.5hrs a day so all that weight is muscle say hell ya to 500 leg press

Originally posted by BlackJDMdeath@Sep 20 2003, 11:03 AM

for real, i would die if i couldn't eat cheese again :(

well, im fat. i'm the first to admit it. And being fat, i have no pity for people who can't loose weight. anyone can, unless there is some underlying medical condition which is stopping it.

I'm fat because up until today, I was a lazy shit.
I sat all day at work
sat some more
ate
sat more
sleep

repeat.

Today, I have had a glass of OJ, a Litre of water, and a small wedge of a pastry. its now 440pm, and im hungry.... but due to the fact that im quitting smoking, anyting i eat is going to offer mucho extra weight. so, i bought some new sneakers and some stuff to wear to the gym, and on monday after work in the morning, im going to start a routine and hitting up GNC for some Ripped Fuel. I lost mad weight off that shit in college.... but you gotta burn it, else you get even fatter.

I'm currently like 235. I haven't weighed myself in a while, so thats my rough guess.

I want to be 190-195 in a couple months, jacked, smoke free, and have a blazin chick by my side. I'm 1/8th of the way there.

Originally posted by B16+Sep 20 2003, 03:33 PM-->
BlackJDMdeath
@Sep 20 2003, 11:03 AM

for real, i would die if i couldn't eat cheese again :(

Just remember that cheese is not your friend... dude. lol

Too many people turn to food for comfort. Or smoke weed and get the late night munchies. I think that most of time that people think about getting together, the first plan of action is to eat. Another great evil is chicken wings... buckets and buckets of high caloric greasy chicken skin, washed down with pitchers of beer.

good to go, but being in the army for awhile... shows you dont need GNC to lose weight and make muscle. just keep a good variation and plan your workouts. eating healthy is a good start though. before they broke us down in boot camp, we had jus 1 week of healthy healthy foods. those who didnt pass the PT test werent allowed to eat cake!! :eek:

ive actually gained some weight, but after modifying my eating habits just slightly, ive stopped gaining and hopefully soon ill be trimming again. im always on the go at work so i get a good amount of exercise in the 45+ hours in there each week.

ya i have to agree sign up its by far the best weight loss program you can find

I'm 5'8 125, almost 16 and run varsity cross country, indoor and outdoor track at my high school (i'm a soph). I'm the 2nd or 3rd fastest distance runner in the school (2300 kids) and my mile time is about 4:5_. to stay in shape (besides running around 50 miles a week) I do a set of 50 pushups then a set of 80 crunches then I do as many pushups I can after a 3-5 minute break then as many cruches as I can. It works great.

Back