Weird buzzing noise

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kriz

So when my step dad drove my car to Maaco to get it repainted he said he heard some odd buzzing noise coming from the rear wheels and thought it might be a problem with the rear wheel bearings.

Now that I got it back and drove it there's definitely a very noticeable buzzing noise, although I can't quite make out where its coming from. You can hear it clearly with the windows up or down, its very audible from about 20mph and up but doesn't really get any louder with speed (driven up to about 65mph). Another thing I noticed which the car definitely didn't use to do is it drifts very noticeably towards the left if I get my hands off the steering wheel. I've even steered the car slightly right on purpose and let it go and it will make its way back until it heads left.

Anyway, I'm definitely going to be taking the car to the shop asap (since I'm a noob, not like I'll be able to fix it myself) but I'd like to hear any thoughts on this so I can have an idea of what to expect.

Check the calipers to see if somethings stuck in the rear brakes.

Like a bee or something.

mine pulls to the left too, but it doesnt buzz. but mine pulls because i replaced a front right tire and there's more tread on that side. i'd just make sure the noise isnt coming from your engine bay first.

So its a wheel bearing. The local shops were asking for $400-600 to replace both rear bearings so I'm just gonna do it myself for like $200.

Back