well seems like everyone around me it doing it soo..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You can boost a stock b series motor reliably. Its all in the tune. Just leak down check the motor and check everything over before boosting to make sure it is healthy.

Agreed 100%.
Reliability is going to be in having a decent platform to start from, using good parts, and having a very solid tune.
Use a good setup with a conservative tune, let it make what it makes. We've done several bone stock B series build that made 230-300 hp plus on very moderate boost. It won't take too much to beat a K. Invest in a few other things, like a traction bar setup, decent suspension, and a decent set of tires (MT ET streets are my personal favorite)

His compression is 10:1 which means his turbo will have to work less in order to make decent power. That's my two cents and in my personal build, that will be the compression I will be using.

After seeing a few of these builds go wrong, I'd say start small.

Turbo your stock motor. Make sure that there are ABSOLUTELY NO OIL LEAKS. Make sure everything is 100% solid and ready to go. Get it tuned, and by someone reputable. TRAILER it TO THE DYNO. DO NOT DRIVE IT UNTUNED.

After you get bored of the stock setup, pull the motor over a winter, build it, and enjoy the luxury of always being able to go for more.

Back