Went to the track this past friday!!!! 1/4 mile

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

with similar tire sizes and power.
you didn't say that part. if you have similar size tire, why go to slicks? not only are slicks overall more sticky, but you use a much larger tire. we arent' comparing apples to apples here. one is purpose made for drag racing, one is to be street legal. nobody would trade a 205/50/15 drag radial for a slick. if you do slicks you are increasing the width by quite a bit. the gain in tire size is enough to take of a couple tenths of a second.

Thanks, i will try turning the tires while i burn out. As for the bleach box. I try to go around it but at this track there is no way to go around.
Thats BS on the tracks part. They should have it so you can go around it if you want to. I never do a burn out in the water box and I only do a burn out some times. Depend on how hot the track is and how hot my tires are. How much Hp are you making and when does your boost come on?? With my 87 Supra Turbo I had to get the rpms just right to keep from spinning or from bogging out. I once launched to high in a street race and just sat in the same spot until I shifted to second. Not a boosted Honda but lauching a turbo car is way different than NA.

I dont see why you should not hit mid 12's with a set of slicks based on that MPH. When i went from street tires to slicks on my omni GLH, i lost .6 time wise, and 7 MPH from my trap speed. good luck with everything.

jon

Back