What combo to use?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
there is probably a very good reason they said that

Yeah. You guys are probably right.. I wish they would elaborate on what car they did it on(or what carS they did it on)..

mistake with a 4-2-1? or was that some sarcasm?
And by the way, your car only has 1 header...(sig)

No with a B16 you got top end and i bought mid range 4-2-1's. i think the car would run better with 4-1's

It honestly really wouldn't matter what kinda intake you get... as long as the bends are kept to a minimum.

Intakes really provide more throttle response than power, especially on factory strung out engines like B16s. My car still feels slow, but the throttle response with the CAI made it just a bit more fun to drive.

Quoted post[/post]]
If you really want throttle response, get the short ram.

At the end of the day, it's an intake and it just sucks air. If you really don't feel like spending the extra scratch on the V2 then don't. I bought my AEM CAI used for $72 shipped, I wouldn't have bought one new. Hell, if it wasn't for Cali's ridiculous smog laws I'd still just run the no-name short ram I used to have.

:werd:

$300 for 5hp is bs. Not worth it.

AEM's dyno showed a difference from about 96 hp to 114 hp on a 2000 Civic DX. Are they lying? Doubtful. Did they use the best result they had on any vehicle they tested the intakes on? Probably. I think the thing is, as it is with any other part, is what you have to work with already. I am sure results vary between different engines, valvetrain setups, RPM, and other modifications. AEM claims that they have the only intake on the market(V2) that out performs their original CAI. Has anyone ever heard another company make a claim that disputes that fact? :huh:

Back