What do i need?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Periculum

What all would I need to obtain to put a d16a6 into a 91 CRX HF? Im assuming ECU and motor. Anything else, if I decide to keep the HF tranny? Im trying to replace the worn out motor I have and not kill the wallet right now. If there is a similar swap (as in ease of the swap) that has more power I'd love to know. Thanks

motor, ecu, hubs/knuckles, axles

change to 88-91 dx or si hubs for the easiest swap, integra will work but there could be camber issues. dx or si will allow you to use you stock calipers and rotors - a big plus when money is an issue

i did the same swap in my 89 hf, very easy.

Do i need the gauge cluster from an Si as well or will the HF cluster work?

Changing the axles wouldnt be too bad for the wallet considering i was wanting to swap the back to discs anyway.

the hf cluster will work. mine worked fine, you will just bury the needle in the red when you redline it, haha.

If he is keeping the hf tranny why would he have to switch axles?
Go with the si tranny, it is well worth it over the hf tranny.

Originally posted by Jeef@Jan 26 2005, 06:23 AM
If he is keeping the hf tranny why would he have to switch axles?

missed that, ya he said might be keeping it. if you stick with the hf tranny, no need to swap hubs/knuckles, thats only for tranny swap also

So If I go with the complete swap, including tranny, I would pretty much want to get everything from the wheels up, right?

Would the HF tranny change anything such as the redline of the 1.6?, I know it will be higher than the 1.5. I wouldnt think so, but just makin sure.

I know this may sound bad, but what does the ECU look like? I havent been this deep into cars before. She'll be my first.....

Originally posted by Periculum@Jan 26 2005, 11:19 AM
So If I go with the complete swap, including tranny, I would pretty much want to get everything from the wheels up, right?

Would the HF tranny change anything such as the redline of the 1.6?, I know it will be higher than the 1.5. I wouldnt think so, but just makin sure.

I know this may sound bad, but what does the ECU look like? I havent been this deep into cars before. She'll be my first.....
[post=451726]Quoted post[/post]​

if you go with the si tranny, like stated above, you will need dx or si hubs to fit your new axles. the hf tranny is extremely long geared, wont change your rev limit, but when you do redline it, you will probably be going 90 in second before you hit the rev limiter. not good when you're looking fo racceleration. your ecu is under the passenger carpet, beneath a big bronze looking cover. ecu looks something like this, not exactly, but close
auctionpic1.jpg

if you are using any 88-91 L3 transmission DX,Si,HF or STD, except for the JDM ZC, you can use your HF axles - only the outer CV joints are different on the CRX HF & STD Civic - inners are all the same

Originally posted by Periculum@Jan 24 2005, 02:49 PM
What all would I need to obtain to put a d16a6 into a 91 CRX HF? Im assuming ECU and motor. Anything else, if I decide to keep the HF tranny? Im trying to replace the worn out motor I have and not kill the wallet right now. If there is a similar swap (as in ease of the swap) that has more power I'd love to know. Thanks
[post=450643]Quoted post[/post]​

If you want something with more power, you could look into picking up a JDM DOHC ZC. They run about 130hp, and will just require you to swap the TPS wires (pretty sure). Other than that, it drops right in like the D16A6. You can get them for about $400 from HMotorsonline.

Originally posted by Calesta@Jan 31 2005, 09:46 AM
If you want something with more power, you could look into picking up a JDM DOHC ZC. They run about 130hp, and will just require you to swap the TPS wires (pretty sure). .
[post=453723]Quoted post[/post]​

you dont need to switch the wires , only if you are doing a DPFI to MPFI swap will you need to

Back