what do you have

What is your setup?

• Turbo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Supercharger

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolPWR

I just want to see what people have because it seems like everyone is going forced induction and i dont have the money to do it

everyone's going f-i, b/c its about the only way to make a honda "fast" without breaking the bank. (and sorry guys, but 14's are still slow compared to others.. dont get me wrong, nothing i have is faster (that is street legal)

Id rather stay NA, i mean when u get into FI u are in a whole different clas to be honest, hondas just cant keep up in. at least in NA you are running times that are similar to other cars, and yes a 14 is slow compared to a FI class car, but in all motor its average, well at least in the cars around here.

my $.02

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Jul 14 2003, 01:45 PM
(and sorry guys, but 14's are still slow compared to others.. dont get me wrong, nothing i have is faster (that is street legal)

You've never raced at > 5500 ft. :)

The muscle car guys get excited about 13 sec passes at Bandimere just outside of Denver. :)

Originally posted by lsvtec+Jul 14 2003, 02:51 PM-->
Domeskilla
@Jul 14 2003, 01:45 PM
(and sorry guys, but 14's are still slow compared to others.. dont get me wrong, nothing i have is faster (that is street legal)

You've never raced at > 5500 ft. :)

The muscle car guys get excited about 13 sec passes at Bandimere just outside of Denver. :)

:lol: That's sad.. we even get good times in texas with humidty.

But then again, if you want to run competitive, like i want to (not just local, but at least start the NMRA series), you need to be in a location that gets you as close to "real" times as possible.

:lol: it is sad. It is also the reason I got pretty excited when I pulled a 16.5 with my LS engine. :)

I would prefer to turbo a built motor... at least thats what i dream about when i finally have enough money.

to all the N/A guys, i give much props to you guys, but a FULLY built motor with a turbo is pretty expensive also, maybe even more than a bulit N/A (theres a whole lot more parts). Turbo car in most cases will be faster than the N/A (generally speaking) depending on turbo size/boost press., driver skills, ya kno all the variables... thats just what i think tho

NA here, like you didn't already know :p

NA hp for hp is more expensive, it's cheaper when you only do basic shit, but that really isn't NA. It is just "i can't afford to save up for some non streetable real shit"

What gets me every time is what the peeps are running out there 280whp civic gutted against 400whp civic turbo gutted, same times.

My goal with my next shell is to hit 12's for sure with a 1.8 stock block on street tires and a little lower with slicks.

Then building bottom at the same time for hopefully high 11's NA daily.

Milan

Back