What Is The Highest Psi For Honda Prelude 94 Vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondacivicnos

What is the highest PSI for Honda Prelude 94 Vtec, without any major modifications like pistons rods...

there is no set number.

psi is pressure, not air flow or horsepower.

5 psi off a t23213123 = 60000 horse
5 psi off a t25 = 50 horse

see my point?

Yea Yea I got ur point but if there is more PCI that means there is more air and fuel so that is more HP.
And I want to know whats is the highest PCI can I do with Turbo on Prelude....

Originally posted by hondacivicnos@Jun 4 2003, 08:28 AM
Yea Yea I got ur point but if there is more PCI that means there is more air and fuel so that is more HP.

That really depends on what your local bus speed is...

Though I am not really sure what Peripheral Component Interconnect has to do with boost ing a Prelude.

Originally posted by hondacivicnos@Jun 4 2003, 11:28 AM

no, more psi doesnt always mean more hp, b/c you also need air flow. it has to be balanced. you also need to specify which turbo, as pissedoffsol said above.

Originally posted by hondacivicnos@Jun 4 2003, 11:28 AM

psi is a pressure- NOT air flow. PSI is the amount of air NOT getting into the motor, as measured at the map sensor.

more air does NOT mean more fuel. you need parts and tuning to make sure that you are getting proper fuel.

highest psi you can do on a prelude is 28psi, cuz thats all the GM 3-bar map sensor will support.

happy blowing up, because you obvously don't want to learn anything.

Oh geez :rolleyes: I think he wanted to know the highest psi he should work towards without blowing his motor only running stock internals.

we don't assume here.

read the title: What Is The Highest Psi For Honda Prelude 94 Vtec
answer: 28.7 psi, GM 3-bar map limited.

what size turbo are you thinking of using...like pissedoffsol said we need to know more about the setup you want to do b4 we can help you ...
you can run higher psi when using a t25 than if you were using lets say t3/60-1.....(my numbers may be off..but just for an idea) lets say that the t25 @ 7psi makes 40 extra hp while the 60-1 at that same 7psi makes 60 extra hp...so you see it is hard to say how much psi the motor can take given that the size of the turbo has an effect on the power gains...withthe exception of tunng of course

anyone correct me if im wrong

Back