What is your gas situation like??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I get 28-32mpg in the S2000 on cruise control, so it's pretty nice on long drives.

vehicle: 1995 Ford Ranger Splash pickup with 3.0L v6
mpg: around 18mpg
commute trip: 40 miles round trip (roughly)
avg cost of gas: $3.03 to $3.09 for 89 octane
how much i spend for gas a month: around $80 to $100

Work vehicle e150 van. I dont care what it gets for mpg because its a company vehicle and I have a gas card.
The new Silverado gets about 18mpg off of the first tank, hopefully this will improve. I am going to use the company van for bullshit miles down the road to save me some $$$

:werd:

My 05 R6 got around 40mpg, my 91 cbr got 55ish mpg, highway driving.
My integra gets around 30mpg on the highway. That's the best I've gotten since the engine build. I could lean it out a bit more at cruise, and probably be okay, but I'm fine with 300 miles/ fillup. Granted, I drive 600 miles per week on average. With premium gas prices, I pay about $60-70 per week on gas. I need a job closer to home.

Not if you aren't goosing it at every possible moment...:(
i dont think ill be able to afford an is and a bike payment, or even just the is payment and ins since my down payment would go towards a bike lol.

I mean hey, im 22 not 30, so i guess i dont necessarily NEEEEED a nicer car right away... i can wait 2 more years... but i think ill make a new thread.

and yes, yes you do need a job closer, damn you spend 240-280 a month just on gas!!!

Im kicking around ideas for new/used cars and such, and was considering the commute that I'll most likely need to make when i graduate (got something lined up thats pretty secure), and it looks to be about a 30-40 minute commute, mainly highway. So, i was wondering...

What do you drive, and what is your avg mpg city, hwy, and combined?
What is your daily commute on (highways, city roads)?
How many miles is your daily commute?
How much is the avg gallon of gas where you are currently?
How much money do you spend, on average, a month on gas?

2000 Civic Si
Avg all city mpg: 24-25
Avg all hwy mpg: 29-30
Avg combined mpg: 27-29 (with one spurt to 30.4 mpg, I was surprised with that one)

My usual commute to and from work is about 2 miles of city roads and onto the highway for about 9 miles, then about a mile or so of city roads. So between 11-12 miles

Of what I remember from yesterday gas is between 3.03 and 3.07, so the average price here; 3.05.

How much do I spend? Lets round up. 130-140 a month, since I use premium.

Back