What Kind Of Floor Jack Do You guys Use?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I used to have to do that with my 91 civic and my 89 crx si after they were lowered, what a pain in the ass. I know a lot of you don't like trucks but it is nice not having to lift it to do exhaust work, put lowering shackles ons, and change the oil.

when i had my lowered 97 Civic, i had to drive it up onto some pieces of 2x4 wood blocks just so i could get a jack under it so i could take my wheels off.

This is what I wanna get right here. I use one of those 3 ton crafts man jack, but it's a lot of work, I gotta use a scissor jack to get the car high enough for it to fit under the car then put the jackstands under. Then reverse the process, jack up the car, remove jackstands, lower the car back onto the scissor jack, remove floor jack, then lower the rest of the way with the scissor jack

I did that for years. I hated it, but it got pretty easy after the first 20 times or so, but tire changes and shit was not fun.

even with that lift, some cars are too low to go on it... we have to take 2x4 and put them under the ramps. This happens a lot at the import shop.

even with that lift, some cars are too low to go on it... we have to take 2x4 and put them under the ramps. This happens a lot at the import shop.
happens to me to, every time I go to the auto hobby shop on base almost the entire staff gathers around to see me try to make it uo on the lift, I finally got smart and started making sure I carried 2 pieces of 2x4's with me

there was a good 2 page thread on jacks a few months back...
check it out for all my links etc

harbor freight has a cheaper alum jack that works great but doesn't have a bypass, so if you try and jack past the high point you blow the seal out of it
its about 80 bucks, and as long as you don't abuse or force it you'll be fine with it

i have one i got from sams club
3ton, with fast lift foot and suv attachment for an additional 6 inches
love it

Give ya an idea of how the Z guys work:
caronblocks.jpg

all I have is a $19 walmart jack....and some cheap jack stands that I think I spent a grand total of $19 for.... worked for a few years.... and 4 ramps 2 were left at the house when I moved in, and I bought the other two for like $20.... and thats all you need.

I have 8 floor jacks, an autozone 8 tonner, some factory jacks and a 4 ton bottle jack (Which is useless for anything that I want to do)

Back