WHAT KINDA EXHAUST SHOULD I GET?? please help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

evo8

i need some advice, i need to get a cat back and some headers for my car badly, i have a 95 civic ex coupe and i wanted to know what exhaust will give me the most power but is also the most reliable one out there. i have a stock d series motor with an aem intake. if any of you could help me choose one that you be the best

i have been lookin at apexi, skunk2, and dcsports the most but i have also looked at hks and some others. i just need some encouragement on what is the best system to buy. thanks.

i have read most of these forums, but sadly this is my fist post

Save the money for a swap. You're going to get 2-5 hp with a good exhuast sytem. Not a really good investment for $500. A stock EX isn't ever going to be fast, so don't bother. Either save for a swap, turbo, or sell your car and buy a lighter car with more potential, 89-91 CRX or Civic HB, and swap into that.

To the above poster. That isn't his question is it?

A little bit at a time.

Umm, I'm a fan of the APEX`I World Sport or the RSR Ex mag system or even a Greddy EVO kit.

I have a tanabe muffler on a rear section on my car, and it sounds good, but its there for pretty much looks at the moment. I'd personally if I did it all over again, go with one of the above set ups.

well i personally luv the apexi n-1 look and sound and it gives off nice power but i would only recomend the apexi n-1 if your going boost and get the 2.75 pipe turbo one ,its to big for all motor but my friend has a skunk2 and its pretty good to so you should look at either the skunk2 ,greddy evo, or the apexi world sport is also nice i agree^ and maybe do some research on spoon or mugen.

Word to the guy who mentioned the, RS*R, and Apex world sport. Those are my picks for the exaust, they are not too loud, they flow well, give performance gains, and do not have grapefruit launching mufflers on them.

thanks for the info guys. i think i might get the greddy evo 2 exhaust.

or maybe i might get a custom exhaus with a hks hi powered exhaust...what do u guys think is a good idea?

im going to eventually get a b16a2 anyway but right now my budget wont allow it... you know how that is im sure

tanabes sound good , I have never heard them on a sohc but my friend has one on his lsturbocrx and it sounds good before he got the turbo it sounded real deep and nice and with the turbo it still sounds good its just not nearly as deep.

Brett

Originally posted by ktanaka@May 7 2004, 06:04 AM
Why are you guys encouraging rice?

Umm...what the hell are you talking about?

The kid wants to know which exhaust system he should purchase for his car. He wasn't asking for anything other than that. Please don't post unless what you have to say has some relevance to the topic: "WHAT KINDA EXHAUST SHOULD I GET??".

On a side note:
the RS*R and Apex'i World Sport both sound great. GReddy and HKS also make great sounding exhaust systems.

I'd go with whatever you like, looks wise and sound wise. Tubing is pretty much tubing as far as the piping goes, and some mufflers just look uber gay IMO. Most straight through systems will perform the same. Go with like 2.25 piping and a decent muffler that makes the tone you want, and you should be good. As for me, I am going to go with a Jic titanium muffler, and custom center-up piping on my integra. I really like the center-up exhausts on the old bmw 2002ti's, my fav car.

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@May 7 2004, 12:01 AM
Word to the guy who mentioned the, RS*R, and Apex world sport. Those are my picks for the exaust, they are not too loud, they flow well, give performance gains, and do not have grapefruit launching mufflers on them.

:withstupid:

All of the bullet style exhaust that I have heard or driven are REALLY loud without the silencer (Tanabe, Skunk2, N1) I had a GReddy EVO, and despite it's 4.5 inch watermelon cannister, it sounded pretty quiet. As far as gains go, you won't see a whole lot on a D series with just minimal mods. 3 inch piping on a D15B7 actually felt like it made me lose hp on my old car.

hey thanks but i think im gonna go with the apexi ws or just get a custom exhaust from kteller like the guy a few posts above did.

Thermal Classic for NA 2.25" Piping looks stock very sleeperish

Thermal Turbo for Turbo (Duh) 3" pipin looks stock very sleeperish aside from the massive pipe size.

CatBack???? Forget that, Catback is a waste of money, BIG WASTE! All you need to basically do is find the muffler that you like and goto an exhaust place and get the piping there. All catback systems are really good for is that it is bolt on. Get it welded, Whoopty do. Save yourself 400 dollars and get the muffler and piping.

Originally posted by tlb1127@May 12 2004, 03:02 PM
CatBack???? Forget that, Catback is a waste of money, BIG WASTE! All you need to basically do is find the muffler that you like and goto an exhaust place and get the piping there. All catback systems are really good for is that it is bolt on. Get it welded, Whoopty do. Save yourself 400 dollars and get the muffler and piping.

the muffler shop most likely does not mandrel bent the piping. Tehy perform a method called "Crush Bend" which is more turbulent. This make sense. And the mufflers you speak of arent always good... most likely arent good for shit. Do some research compare a Cat Back system to that of a bargain (sp?) muffler shop.

Back