What now? I cant figure this one out...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

broadheadjohn

Hey guys...first post for me. I have been reading for a while....

Anyway I just put a turbo on my 99 gsr, this is my first turbo application and first honda after many superchargers. I just got it installed and put 440 injectors in it. It is definetly not running right. There is ALOT of hesitation at the beginning and it is blowing off under load at higher rpms. Also there is a stutter when you hold steady under load(about every 2 seconds). I have a couple opinions myself but I'd like to see what you guys have to say. Thanks in advance for your help, it is appreciated.:)

I am very unfamiliar with tuning... I have used preprogramed stuff on other vehicles but no honda's. I have a
??? "boost controlled fuel pressure regulator"??? from the used kit I got but I don't know how the hell to put it on, or if that is what I need. I don't have a hondata or anything like that, my brother said I could tune it with a safc but I don't trust everything he says. I kinda assumed it is a rich fuel problem but what do I know... I would rather not spend the $$$ on a hondata and just use wht I have but let me know what you think... Thanks, John

you NEED fuel management.

Any idea what kind of boost you're feeding your motor?? BOV malfunction?

Last edited:
Its running 8-10#'s... As far as a BOV malfunction I doubt it. We did a car to car swap right in the same garage and it was working fine on his car.... Mabey could it be a vacuum issue????

Will a rising rate fuel pressure regulator work well enough I won't need a expensive fuel managment system???

what your doing is basically giving it more legs but it doesnt know how to use it, it... if that makes sense ^_^

you either need;

AFC hack - its ok but doesnt do anything with timing
FMU - errghh no thanks

or best way;

chipped ECU with some sort of program (crome, hondata etc).. get xenocron (Crome, TurboEdit, Uberdata --- DIY Honda ECU tuning and chipping resources, products write-ups and links. Widebands, Fuel Pumps, Intercoolers, ECU Chipping, Wideband Tuning & more) to get you to do a basemape, then you can run you car like that (not recomended) or/and take it a shop and get it tuned..

Back