what prelude is this

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

AHHVTEC

VIP
i just bought a 1992 prelude but it has been stripped of all its bages and the motor has been swaped,, im trying to figure out withch it is and if it has 4ws ive not picked it up yet or i could just look under it for the 4ws,,but anyways it has a 5spd f series in it sunroof and digital gauge cluster any ideals ? s...si...si4ws ?

Yeah I'm thinking it's either a base model (which in that case, it doesn't have 4-wheel steering) or it's an Si-VTEC that somebody pulled the H22 out of and threw an F22 in there instead.

I hope you didn't pay a lot of money for this car, since it sounds like you didn't research it too much before you bought it, lol...

Did you run a carfax on it? That should tell you what trim level it is. Even if you don't want to pay the 20 bucks for the carfax, just go to their site and enter in the VIN and do a record search. It should tell you the year and trim level, and how many records carfax has on file for it.

yea im sure its the s modle,,and i paid 350 bucks for it

If the VIN starts with JHMBB226 or JHMBB216 it will be a 4WS. The difference between the two is the tranny type. The 226 has an Auto-Tranny, the 216 has an Manual-Tranny. If the VIN starts with JHMBA24, JHMBA814, it will be an "S" model. If it starts with JHMBB225, or JHMBB215, it will be an "SI"

Oh BTW, you would have to be a real fuck stick to put an F22 into an AWS Prelude. That would drop the value considerably!

Last edited:
well the h22 did not come in the 92... the h22 was started in the 93. and if it is a f serise it is an f motor... but you bay 350 dollars thats great. whats the miles on it.. does it have clean tittle..???? i bought a 86 prelude for 350 dollars.. with 109,000 miles on it i thought that was a great deal??!!! lol

"Yeah I'm thinking it's either a base model (which in that case, it doesn't have 4-wheel steering) or it's an Si-VTEC that somebody pulled the H22 out of and threw an F22 in there instead."

There were never any SI-VTEC 4WS made. They were either S, SI 4WS, SI , or VTEC.

Back