What should I do?

What the hell should i do?

• Contact him and cover all the shipping costs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Screw h

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Slammed90Lude

Ok, to summarize everything that has transpired between me and this ebay seller- I won an auction he had on a coal stove- My parents needed one, the price was right and he was willing to ship to my house. I sent him the money for the auction, plus the 180 dollars he said it was going to cost- I got the stove delivered a few weeks ago, it was in the condition he said it would be, although there were parts missing that he told me were included, and two of the legs were broken but usable- I left him positive feedback, ordered some new parts for the stove and got on with my life

Then tonight i get the following email:
Dear slammed90lude,

hello I hope that youre stove is working good I have a small problem regarding shipping of that stove it ended up costing me 344.09 to ship it plus crating costs I forgot exactly what I charged you but I think it was about half of that I realize that it not youre fault but this is going to really set me back and I still havent got my paypal check yet they lost it I was wanting to get my kids something for Christmas and was wondering if you might be able to help me offset a little of the shipping freight think about it and let me know if that seems fair to you ok James

i'm not sure what to think or what to do- I've been screwed a few times lately, and I don't want to send this dude money for no reason- But in the same sense, I don't want to screw him either- idk

:werd: i was thinking the same- I really can't afford to pay him anymore though

Personally, I would say it might be appropriate to split the difference. He should have quoted you the right shipping price to begin with. Paypal losing his money is his own problem, but it might be fair to split the difference.

you have absolutely no liability in this matter. don't let this guy screw you over again. he already wasn't honest with the auction in the first place, being that you didn't get all the parts.

exactly, i feel that way too

idk, i'm gonna add a poll so it'll be easier to see

I still havent got my paypal check yet they lost it I was wanting to get my kids something for Christmas

:blink:

Screw him, he's just trying to give you a guilt trip for some extra money.

Plus you paid what he was asking for shipping, he should have researched it better BEFORE he posted it on Ebay.

screw 'em. he shoulda figured out shipping charges to your zip code before he sent you the final invoice.

I'm kinda with everybody, but.........

Most people don't have the means to weigh a whole stove at home.

He didn't send all the parts.

In this situation, I would first ask for a shipping reciept. I would then figure out how much you spent on the missing parts. At that point, I would consider splitting the difference in cost if you feel charitable. It doesn't sound like it's that much money, and my decision would land somewhere between that man's honesty and my own conscience.

Originally posted by CRVTEC@Dec 7 2004, 11:09 PM
Not literally....
[post=428120]Quoted post[/post]​

:lmao:

i say fuck him as well, its his fault he didnt weight it out to begin with.

yeah that's good idea- the thing is, it's not like he used ebay's shipping calculator

i gave him the time to go to the trucking company, with the stove on the pallet and find out the exact cost- how the fuck could he get that wrong?

Originally posted by Blanco+Dec 7 2004, 11:26 PM-->
@Dec 7 2004, 11:12 PM
I'm kinda with everybody, but.........

Most people don't have the means to weigh a whole stove at home.

He didn't send all the parts.

In this situation, I would first ask for a shipping reciept. I would then figure out how much you spent on the missing parts. At that point, I would consider splitting the difference in cost if you feel charitable. It doesn't sound like it's that much money, and my decision would land somewhere between that man's honesty and my own conscience.
[post=428157]Quoted post[/post]​

Best advice so far. Split the difference in the shipping after you subtract what you had to buy.
[post=428166]Quoted post[/post]​

Another vote for tab's advice. I find it interesting that he took so long to let you know that the stove was so much more to ship, while at the same time, you never complained to him that you had to buy parts for the stove AND two of the legs were broken. When you got the stove, was there any chance that it was the shipping company that lost the parts? And were they responsible for the broken legs not the seller? How many feedbacks did this guy have? Do you mind posting a link to the finished auction for us to read?

screw it, you did your part, paid the quoted amount. its his fault that he guessed on shipping costs instead of trying to find out exactly what it was going to cost.

the same thing happened to me when i bought a motor off Ebay, guy quoted shipping price, then after i bought he said it was going to be more. i said no at first, but then ended up splitting the difference out of guilt. but i still got fucked over because he send me the wrong ecu and hasnt sent me the correct one, even after 2 months

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Dec 7 2004, 09:16 PM
i gave him the time to go to the trucking company, with the stove on the pallet and find out the exact cost- how the fuck could he get that wrong?
[post=428198]Quoted post[/post]​

That totally seems like the guy is trying to scam you.

How long has it been since the auction ended and how long since the freight company delivered the stove?

If he had time to weight it out, his problem. He is just guilt tripping you into getting more money out of him. Notice how he mention's his kids, hes obviously a douche.

:werd:

here's a link to the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...me=STRK:MEWN:IT

If I subtract the cost of the parts I had to buy from the remaining shipping cost, i'w owe him nothing- LOL

I bought 220 dollars worth of parts for the stove, just so i could burn coal in it, even though he assured me they were ALL there

and there is no way the shipping company broke the legs, it is very clear, they were broken a long time ago, and then ghetto rigged with washers so the stove wouldn't fall over

I recall my previous statement. You spent more on the parts than the stove itself, so you owe him nothing.

Back