What should I do?

What the hell should i do?

• Contact him and cover all the shipping costs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Screw h

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well now I think that you owe him nothing. Email him back and tell him how about the broken legs and how much you had to spend on parts. If there was a shipping fee issue, he should have at least told you before he shipped it. That way, you could have decided if it was worth having it shipped to you. If not, then you both could have voided the sale....

As it is, I'm really sorry that you left him positive feedback on the transaction. Clearly, other ebay buyers should be warned about sellers like these. And leaving no feedback at all was an option too... along with a neutral one. I never leave my feedbacks on ebay until the deal is really finished. You have 90 days to leave it, why rush? And shit happens.

yeah i agree martine- I'm gonna write him an email right now explaining my situation- I'll post it when done :)

Email:

James,
To start with, I would like to thank you for being so accommodating with the shipment of the stove. That said, I'm slightly miffed as to why you are asking for money to cover shipping expenses when the impression I got was that you had taken the stove to the trucking company and gotten an actual shipping quote. Regardless though, I too felt that I may have gotten the short end of the stick in a few ways. Yes, you were very helpful on the phone and had the stove professionally packed and I can't express my appreciation enough for that. However, in more than one email I explicitly asked whether all the parts necessary for burning coal were included; and several times you responded that they were. But when I received the stove, and unpacked it, I realized I had received almost none of the parts necessary. I had to go out and purchase the front grate, both side grates and the grate back. I can send you a list of the prices each of the parts cost me if you're interested, but the fact is, I was going to let it go and not even mention it to you, because I assumed you really weren't sure what was required to burn coal.
Next though, I noticed that the glass you included with the stove was dirty beyond use. I realize this item wasn't even listed in the auction, so again, I didn't mention it to you and ordered new glass. Also, while I was assembling the stove on the shipping pallet, I realized that two of the legs were broken and had been rigged to work with washers. There was no mention of this in the auction, and so I had to also order two legs.
Now despite all the costs I incurred by having to order these extra parts, I was willing to let sleeping dogs lie and leave you positive feedback and move on. However now you come back with an email asking if I could offset more of the cost, when the fact of the matter is, you had ample time to find out what the exact shipping cost would be. Based on that alone though, I would be willing to help with the cost, as I know this is a financially difficult time of year. However when you factor in the money that I had to spend on the stove, just so I could use it to burn coal, the reality is, I've spent drastically more money than the extra money you'd like for shipping costs.

Corie

:)

This dude is a hilbilly from the back woods of minnesota so I hope i didn't confuse him with those big words HAH

Well written.

He should leave you alone at that point, hopefully atleast.

screw him. i hate when people try to guilt trip. it just pisses me off and makes me not want to do it even more.

Well, you did what I would have done, and it worked out that you did not owe him anything.

Well done.

You owe nothing in my view, and your conscience should not hurt for not sending one penny.

Back