What should I stroke a B18B to?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

allbottledup

I want to rebuild my engine and stroke it. My overall goal is to run in the low 20 psi range. What should I stroke this engine too for most power?

Originally posted by allbottledup@Jun 16 2004, 03:43 AM
also what compression should I run? 9.0:1, 9.6:1, ect...?

depends on the cams you are running.

Too much / Too little compression leads too overcamming or undercamming the engine.

Notice the key in those words is... "cam" :thumbsup:

I wouldn't go to 85. 84 is plenty and still elaves plenty of sleeve strength.

it will make a gsr 1.93L and an LS 1.97 ish

built it to hold the boost- give it a good tune and plenty of fuel, and an 84mm bore will go to 600+ with the right turbo and fuel.

compresison, i'd go 9:1 if you are going big. 20 psi in and of it self is pretty meaningless without a mention of which turbo.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 16 2004, 01:45 PM
I wouldn't go to 85. 84 is plenty and still elaves plenty of sleeve strength.

it will make a gsr 1.93L and an LS 1.97 ish

built it to hold the boost- give it a good tune and plenty of fuel, and an 84mm bore will go to 600+ with the right turbo and fuel.

compresison, i'd go 9:1 if you are going big. 20 psi in and of it self is pretty meaningless without a mention of which turbo.

Sounds awesome, do you think a t-61 would be good or should I go bigger? Im going to use a nitrous kit for prespool to take out some of the lag.

Originally posted by allbottledup@Jun 16 2004, 02:10 PM
Sounds awesome, do you think a t-61 would be good or should I go bigger? Im going to use a nitrous kit for prespool to take out some of the lag.

Time to look at some compressor maps. Its the only way to size a turbo to your motor. Guessing is not a good way.

Do you think honda guesses at what makes their engines performs the way they do? Obviously not, they spec it out and find out what parts work together for the best package.

i think you need to put up a realistic power goal, sans race gas, sans nitrous.

if you want your 84mm gsr to hit XXX horsepower, you need Y turbo

Back