What the hell to do?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NotUrAverage_Si

Ok as some of you may know the previous motor in my EBP Si was a b20/vtec setup. The motor was stolen a few months ago along with brand new JE pistons, eagle rods, and arp head studs which cost over $1000... The person who took the stuff was a friend of mine until he jacked the stuff from my brother (the previous owner of the Si).

So here is my situation. I get a voicemail from this guy last night and as I was listening to it I realized he was crying. I get to the end of his message and he says his younger brother (who I was friends with and never had a problem with) was struck by a car and died...

I don't know what to do I'm still angry about him jacking the motor but at the sametime I feel sorry for him and his family. His brother was only 19 and he was hit while sitting on a bike on the side of the road. The driver of the car lost control and struck him. I wanted to call this guy back and offer condolences to him and his family but I don't know what to say or if I even want to talk to him. I know he isn't just making this stuff up because some of my friends called me and told me the samething. What's the right thing to do? What would you do?

:unsure:

(IMO). Be the bigger man. Go to the wake, Go to the funeral, give him 3 days to recoupe.....Then show up @ his house and throw him a beat down for being toolbox.

go kick his fucking ass.... i hope you got money or your shit back...

then tell him sorry about his brother

I wouldn't be an ass about it but I'd definitely use it as an oportunity to get my shit back, or at least compensation.

hmmmmmmmmmm....tough call. first and foremost, how come u didnt try to get ur shit back? does he still have it? if so, get it back hard; then join him on the mourning. if he doesnt have it, make him feel bad about it...in the state he's in maybe his conscience will finally feel guilty for jacking his friends expensive motor. thats what i would do.

The motor is long gone and this guy doesn't have any money or anything worth taking.

It was really all my brothers stuff this guy took, not mine. My brother is the one who wants to beat his ass and said he was still going to after I told him about this guys brother dying.

I don't know, I was thinking about may be sending a sympathy card in the mail to his family.

once he gets the money from the dude killing his bro then you can sue him to replace teh motor

Back