What to do?? smoking

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

importstyle

Hey guys i am driving my civic everyday.... and i drive it pretty hard like most of us racers out here........ and at high rpms my motor smokes really bad i dont know what it is........ it is a white smoke.... and i am almost 99% sure that it is burning oil considering i put a pint in about every month....... so i need to know what to do???? and how much it will cost me thanks

92civicb18b1 could be right about a blown head gasket, but usually that would me a loss of power as well. A "pint" of oil isn't bad at all, even a new car will burn up a little oil and sometimes up to a quart every 3000-4000 miles if the car is driven hard. If you don't have any noticable loss of power, could be a mildly burnt piston ring. You will be able to drive your car for a long while with a burnt piston ring, but it will just continue to consume oil. Try adding a quart of lucas oil to it. Years ago i had a 1987 sterling (acura motor) and at the 150,000 mile mark it would burn up 2 quarts every two weeks. It used to smoke like crazy. I put a couple quarts of lucas in it and i kid you not the son bitch went past the 200,000 mile mark when i thought it was on its last leg and it stopped smoking.

Back